Chapter 33: The Coming Storm

A young woman with the purest eyes of violet, stands clutching the countertop of the vanity in front of her, staring into the reflective mirror holding her gaze. The deep, pondering eyes stare back ruminating over the turmoil in her own thoughts when recollecting the events of the day at the shopping district.

 The deep, pondering eyes stare back ruminating over the turmoil in her own thoughts when recollecting the events of the day at the shopping district

The attack was horrific. The shopping district became a battleground before her very eyes just as it reminded her of a memory when she was younger. She could never fathom how evil manifests itself in the most despicable of ways putting innocent lives in danger. Just because one has the ability, should it really be used to hurt others? It was something she never could understand about those from this planet.

Those circumstances forced her hand to make a difficult decision. Her actions may have very well given away the existence and location of herself and Meridian, but one she'd make again in a heartbeat to save a friend. Mindcraft was sure to take notice of that and calculate accordingly.

She recalls how her friend fell from the sky clutching her head in agony at the pier only to plunge and disappear into its raging depths. Ochako looked to be in such pain, it made her heart sink knowing the cause. Her own father, or rather, the man lurking in the shadows manipulating her father, did this to Ochako.

Mindcraft sealed away her memories to keep his secrets intact. He staged the entire attack to tie up loose ends when he felt her mind slipping from his control and used my father to hurt her. I want...I want to get him back and make him pay for what he's done.

Trinity is righteous in her anger. The anger towards a man who tried to take everything from her continues to give her nightmares to this day. Castor Synclaire succeeded in taking her from her homeland years ago by ripping her away from the warmth of her parent's embrace. He proceeded in manipulating her ability to fit his psychotic agenda. Even still, he exploits people for their abilities for his own twisted pleasure and use in the name of mankind. When they become of no further use to him, they tragically disappeared from existence. She has much resentment to loathe this man who continues to hurt the innocent without so much as a hint of remorse in his cold, gunmetal gray eyes.

She recounts the circumstances that brought her and Ochako together during their separate yet mutual time in America. Trinity was in search of her parents when she found out about a young hero who was offering her quirk to help with research in Synclaire Industry's aerospace program. Nothing good has come of this program to date as it continues to use unscrupulous methods to make huge strides in space travel. It has allowed them to visit worlds too far for modern technology to travel and reach. Keeping in mind that none of this information has ever reached the light of day to the public.

They were eventually able to find each other through a mutual confidential informant with a vested interest in taking down Mindcraft. She found out that her father revealed his true story to Ochako during a moment of clarity away from Mindcraft. She trusts that her father made the right choice in revealing himself and the secret of their homeland. As their objectives aligned, so did a friendship. She was enthralled by Ochako's sense of justice and her humble strength of mind and soul. It was something that fascinated her in this world when all she had ever seen was it's darkness. That renewed hope to save her parents allowed them to work towards a common goal.