Chapter 12: Party On

Ochako says goodbye to her best friend as she leaves with another party goer with his arm wrapped around her shoulder. Well there goes her travel-home companion.

Bye Tsu. Be safe. Use protection.

She has hit her limit and finds it hard to concentrate on walking. She eyes her phone, and it says it's on 3% battery. She tries to call for a cab, but she has no service.

Damn.

She looks back down at her phone.

2%. Double damn.

The crown is thinning out and she isn't left with many options until a certain grumpy blonde throws her coat her way.

"Let's go. I'm taking your ass home," Bakugo commands walking slightly unsteady himself.

She's out of options and shouldn't be out by herself this late at night even if she's a professional hero. She nods, following the fiery hedgehog out. They walk in silence for a few minutes. She follows a couple steps behind to watch him. He has his hands stuffed in his pockets.

He's nervous, hehe. Let's mess with him.

The alcohol flowing through her gives her a second wind of courage to tease him. She skips right up to his side wrapping her arm around the nearest arm to her.

"The fuck are you doing?" He asks looking at her like she's crazy.

"Oh come on! No ones around. You don't have to act tough or act like we don't know each other," she teases with her head swimming in the effects of the alcohol as she lifts his arm to make it wrap around her shoulder.

"Tch."

She lays her head on his shoulder as carefree as can be as they walk side by side enjoying the warmth against the cool night air.

"Katsuki?" Ochako asks not really having a question in mind.

"Hmmm?" He answers back.

"Wanna have some fun?" She asks.

"No," he cuts her off quickly.

"Awww, come ooooonnn," she whines.

"You're drunk," he states.

Ochako grazes a provocative finger up his chest and outlying the contours of his jawline before purring, "that's never stopped us before."

He turns his head embarrassed as he hails a cab with his free arm while Ochako snuggles up to his arm. He can feel the warmth coming from her drunk body. He rolls his eyes knowing his own inebriation is getting the better of him as he smirks turning his face away from her, not allowing her the satisfaction of seeing his amusement and embarrassment.

They both get into a cab and Bakugo tells the driver, "take us to Shiruba Prefecture, Karuma District."

"How'd you know where I live? You've been stalking me, I see," Ochako asks jokingly.

"You took Shitty Hair's girlfriend's room, right? That damn alien chick wouldn't stop talking about it when you came to town," he says nonchalantly.

"So I see you've been keeping tabs on me and hanging out with Mina. How scandalous!" Ochako exclaims in mock surprise.

"Shut it, Round Face. That's bullshit and you know it," he snaps back embarrassed.

She sees a slight blush on his cheeks as he tries hard to stay aloof at the comings and goings of her life. It's moments like this that she certainly missed being overseas for so long. She missed her best friend. Even though he would never admit it to himself and others, she always held a special place for him in her heart even if he didn't do the same for her.