Arcee - Partner

Reader is mech cybertronian.

!Warning:!
!PTSD (maybe)!
!mention of death and ghosts!

+++

You were close like brother and sister but you were just partners.

+++

Arcee was tied up in Arachnid's web struggling to get away but without result. Arachnid just laughed at her pathetic attempt to escape.

"You think I'll let you ascape that easy?"

"What do you want?"

Hissed Arcee making the spider like femme laugh again. Arachnid got closer to her bringing her servo to her faceplate, scratching it, Arcee hissed from pain.

"Just to show you something. I'm sure you'll be happy to see him again."

Arcee got confused, who did she meant by him? Cliffjumper is already dead, so is Tailgate, who else could she mean? Arachnid threw piece of (f/c) plate in front of Arcee making her optics open wide. No, she didn't. Arachnid noticed how the realization hit Arcee's faceplate.

"He wasn't much of a fight really."

"No, you didn't."

"Oh, yes. I did."

Arcee felt tears in her optics, this wasn't fair, why life must so cruel to her? Arachnid came closer to Arcee again grasping her chin and made her look up at her.

"Poor thing, so alone and maybe you'll be forever. You just bring your partners to danger, to their deaths and Jack will sure be next in line. Can't you see? It's you, who's killing them."

Arcee felt a tear roll down her cheek as she was looking at the piece of metal on the ground.

*flashback*

"Aw, come on Arcee! You no fun!"

"We're on a mission, (c/n). It is supposed to be stealth, quick and mostly quiet. Which you have problem with."

Arcee and (c/n) were walking through halls of the Nemesis, their main objective was to find something more about relics or any other plans which Decepticons had.

But (c/n) had a huge problem being quiet and Optimus sent him to train this on a mission with Arcee. This happened many times and they actually became partners. Arcee felt bad for changing Cliff so soon, but (c/n) helped go through it just like Jack did. And she helped them in return.

Arcee remembered when they came back to the base, bruised but still in one piece. (c/n) almost lost his right servo but he was still smiling. That smile, full of kindness but still hurt deep inside.

"Look, Arcee, I'm sorry okay. I've been acting like a sparkling and I'm aware of that."

"Right now? When your servo is hanging on just one wire?"

"Stop rubbing it in my faceplate! I know I was stupid."

Both of them laughed at (c/n)'s statement.

*flashback end*

It has been few hours since Autobots saved Arcee from Arachnid and took her back to base. She took the piece of metal with her.

"Arcee."

Arcee jumped awake from the medical berth to look into the doorway to see Optimus.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your recharge cycle."

"No, it's okay. I wasn't recharging actually."

Arcee rubbed her optics and picked up the metal piece which fell of the berth. Optimus noticed it.

"Why do you have this with you?"

"Optimus...I know what happened to (c/n)."

Optimus started to listen closely. He was searching for (c/n) a long while and couldn't find out why he was missing.

"Arachnid offlined him."

Optimus saw sadness and rage in Arcee's optics.

"Arcee. (c/n) would not want you to revenge him."

"Optimus, she offlined not only (c/n) but millions of others, especially Tailgate! I can't let her continue like this!"

Arcee tried not to cry in front of her leader, so she rather almost choked on her tears but did not cry in front of him.

"I'll leave you alone. Recharge well, Arcee."

With that Optimus left the med-bay. Arcee started to cry holding the piece of her dead partner close to her chassis. A small floating (f/c) light caught her off guard, with a blinding light she heard a chuckle.

"Aw, come on Arcee. Don't cry it's okay."

She couldn't believe her optics, it was (c/n) but he had several bruises and few wires coming out. She slowly stood up and walked closer to him reaching out a servo to touch his faceplate it went through.

"Yeah, you can't touch me. I'm sorry, Primus only sent me to say goodbye."

"Say goodbye. Wait, will I ever see you again?"

"Yeah, don't worry. You'll see all of us."

(c/n) noticed Arcee was looking down crying again.

"Listen, Arcee, I'm gonna be honest with you I'm not the best mech in this stuff, but listen to me at least this time. Don't cry for us, don't be sad for our deaths be happy you could be with us. Remember those moments we had fun and protect them from the bad memories. Plus you have a human partner to take care of, don't you?"

Arcee nodded, drying her tears away.

"Jack counts on you Arcee, don't let him down. Don't let yourself go the wrong path, okay?"

Arcee nodded again. (c/n) smiled as he felt his time was up, but mostly he cheered Arcee up.

That was his last purpose, to cheer his partner up.

~~~

Short and sad but I love it.

Requests are still open.