Optimus - Sweetspark

Reader is femme sparkling.

Since the war started Optimus knew keeping Cybertron and it's citizens safe will be hard task to do.
But he failed to protect the most precious thing in his life, his sparkling.

~~~

Third person's P.O.V.

Everyone in the base knew Optimus was very stressed bot, he was leader after all. But almost noone knew what Ratchet knows about his old friend.
Optimus has PTDS and nightmares, all thanks to war, his lost sparkmate and his sparkling.
In Optimus's berthroom could be heard grunting and panting. Optimus tossed and turned in his berth as his processor was filled with a painful memory.

Cybertron

Optimus prime was running through the field, one servo blaster, other sword. He fought off the last Vehicon, who was chasing him. Then the audials piercing scream caught his attention. Looking around he found one decepticon trying to carry a sparkling, the sparkling screamed fighting the decepticon. Optimus took no time and started running towards the scene, he cut the decepticon's helm off, the frame dropped realising the sparkling from it's grip.
The sparkling had face filled with horror. Optimus picked his sparkling into his servos, trying to calm his sweetspark down. Optimus heard another commotion in the distance, running away to hide his sparkling.
After a while he found a ruined building and good hiding spot, he sat his sparkling down.

"Don't move and stay here, alright? I'll be right back. Don't come out."

The sparkling quickly nodded with lubricant leaking down their optics. Optimus caressed the sparkling's cheek, drying some tears off. He took off his battle mask to kiss his sparkling's forehelm.

"Do not be afraid, my child. I'll come back for you."

He put his battle mask back on, taking the last look at his sparkling before running away to join the battle. His sparkling was terrified and crying. His spark broke, he could never stand seeing his sweetspark crying. He nodded as his sparkling hide.

Optimus ran towards one of the Vehicons seeing his old friend, Ratchet, was helping an injured soldier. The battle went on and on without a brake until all Vehicons has been killed, for now it was quiet and time to check damage on both sides. Optimus looked around, only few of the Autobots survived some of them on their last breath.

It seemed to be Megatron didn't attend to send another team to fight with them for today, but then everyone heard it. The most frightening scream, a sparkling's scream, Optimus bolted up running to check his sparkling.
The spot he choosed to hide his sparkling in was opened by force and there were just small drops of energon.
His sparkling, his sweetspark.
No, it can't be truth.

Autobot base

Optimus woke up with terrified look in his optics. All of his nightmares have been the same.
He stood up from his berth, deciding to go out for a ride. Going out of his quarters and into main room he saw Ratchet was awake, working.

"Ratchet?"

Ratchet turned around seeing Optimus awake.

"Optimus."

"You should go recharge, my old friend."