79: Jawaad

Inline comments are appreciated 😇🙏

I opened my eyes to a blurry vision. The room seemed to be spinning nonstop. I felt light-headed.

An abrupt, high-pitched sound escaped my throat, as I felt a piercing pain in my abdomen.

Regardless, I forced myself out of the bed and began to maneuver to the door, but I ended up losing my balance and falling flat on my side.

I winced in pain. At that moment, I couldn't tell if it was from a broken arm or the bandaged wound on my stomach.

I was in extreme pain.

Due to the severe injury I sustained in my abdomen, I had been bedfast. I couldn't move my muscles the way I wanted. It was always difficult for me to find a comfortable posture. The nurse in charge of my health practically did everything for me. Although I didn't know her name, I figured she was nice to an extent. Just that she was a lady of few words.

When I regained consciousness the previous day, she had explained everything to me, including how long I had been passed out.

The last thing I remembered was being stabbed. I had no idea how I landed in a self-contained building.

The nurse wouldn't answer my questions despite how inquisitive I was and I was too weak to stand on my own, let alone walk out of the house.

"Oh my God!" The nurse shrieked and hurried to my aid.

I wasn't even aware she had walked in.

"What happened to you? Where are you going?" Worry laced her voice. "If you needed something, you should have called for me. You're not strong enough to move about without assistance." She grabbed my bad arm and I let out a yelp. 

"Does your arm hurt?" She questioned.

I could only nod.

"I guess it's the pressure from the fall." She grabbed my other arm and slowly helped lift me off the floor; my arm around her shoulder.

For a petite lady such as herself, she sure did had stamina.

Slowly, she lowered me back into the bed and straightened my legs.

All the while, my gaze was fixated on her. She looked young. Probably in her late twenties. I wondered who she was and how she found me.

"Who are you?"

My question must have taken her by surprise, for she quickly rose to her feet. "It's time to clean your wound and redress."

"Wai—" before I could finish speaking, she was already out of the room.

I heaved a sigh.

I couldn't help but think about my family, especially mum. She must be very worried about me and I had no means to communicate with them.

Without a doubt, I knew she must be out of her mind looking for me.

And dad, I was worried about his health. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if anything terrible happens to him because of me.

I missed Farida a lot.

I attempted to sit up, but I ended up squishing the wound on my stomach.

I winced and fell back in the bed.

The nurse came skedaddling towards me, bearing the first-aid box. "I told you to stay still. You're still recovering. You can't do these things on your own."