HE WOKE UP

"So...you won't tell us where he is?" Code asked with a stern look on his face.

A battered Naruto just grunted. They had done every terrible thing to him but he still kept quiet about boruto's whereabouts.

"Hey, what's today's date?" Naruto asked. "How long have I been here?"

"Why do you want to know?" Code asked. Then he smirked. "Don't worry, lord seventh. You haven't been here long. Just a few hours. I'm sure by now its day."

"So today's his birthday. I missed it again." The blond said.

"Oh yeah? Too bad. I bet it will hurt more when he finds out that you're dead." The Auburn haired man sneered.

Code's hand morphed into a somewhat bird talon. He pierced naruto's chest just like he did with shikamaru. Naruto coughed up blood. His last thought was,

'I'm sorry everyone. I'm leaving this to all of you.'

. . .

"Where am I?"

Where I was, everything was white. Not a single spot was black. I couldn't see my own shadow. Am I a ghost? No, it was just too bright, that's all.

Where was everyone? I feel stiff. Like I stayed in one place for too long. What I remember is fighting with momoshiki and killing him.

Then I and everyone were going to thunder burger. Then what happened? I...don't remember.

I need to get back. Everyone's probably worried about me.

. . .

Sarada couldn't believe her eyes. She was kind of blind so she could always be hallucinating. But she had her glasses on.

The blond boy that everyone was waiting for to wake up, was sitting there rubbing his head. She felt tears prick her eyes. She shook her head rapidly.

Boruto turned to look at her and his eyes widened.

"Sarada! Where is everyone? What is going  on? Where are we?" Boruto bombarded her with questions.

She stayed silent with tears in her eyes. She ran to him and hugged him. This surprised him and it also caused him to blush.

"S-sarada?"

"Shut up." She muttered into his chest.

His eyes softened as he wrapped his arms around her. He rested his chin at the top of her head. Sarada sniffled.

"I...you took long in waking up, you baka." She said quietly.

"Sorry. And I'm sorry for trying to kill you." Boruto said.

"There are bigger problems at the moment. But, I accept your apology." Sarada said.

"Thanks." The blond muttered. "What problems, though?"

Sarada pulled away. "We're at war."

"W-what?! Then what are you doing here!? We've got to get going!" Boruto exclaimed.

Sarada sighed. "No."

"Huh? What do you mean no?" Boruto asked with a confused expression.

"You're their target. They want the Jougan. I don't know what they're plotting but it must be really big for them to declare war." The blackette answered.

"Oh. Does that mean...people were dying, trying to protect me?" The blond asked.

"Yeah. Hanabi-sensei was one of them." Sarada said sadly.