Bad luck

The next morning ,the Avengers let Nat with Pepper while they went to find more about her family.As expected ,Yelena didn't give them any information.When they came back,Pepper greet them with a worried expression.She told them that Natasha didn't go out of her room since last night.

"Nat even didn't go down to the kitchen to eat something.And its 2 pm already.I brought her a sandwich .I tried to talk with her,but she just hug her pillow. Sometimes she started crying,then stopped and then cried even more.I am worried about her.What if she becomes Nat who just escaped the russians ?The one who doesn't talk or move.Star was the one who pulled her out of that phase.Without her..."

"No,i wont let that happen.I go to check on her." said the Capitan ,going towards Nat's room.When he entered,he was surprised that the whole room was dark.Natasha told him so much she loved natural light after she was tortured for 2months on a room with no windows.Now his worried that what Pepper said could become true.He turned the light on and Steve saw an untouched sandwich on the nightstand,next to a full glass of apple juice.

"Turn it off !"said Nathasa in an unfriendly voice.Natasha never spoke to him like that.

"Of course!"said Steve calm.He must act carefully to not aggravate Natasha's condition.On the dark,he could see that Nat was still in bed, hugging the pillow.

"What do you want?"said Natasha in the same tone like before.

"To see you.How are you?"

"I was fine before you came!LEAVE ME ALONE!"shouted Natasha.Seeing that he doesn't have the intention to do that,she threw a pillow at him"LEAVE!".

He did at she asked.He tried to remember the stages of grief .First denial,then anger ,bargaining,depression and the last one, acceptance. Steve hoped her remembered them correctly,but better he asked for a specialist advice.

"How is she?" asked Tony when he saw Steve.

"I think she is doing ok,if I remembered the stages of grief correctly."

"So you think we should give her time?"asked Clint.

"I don't think it would be a good idea since she didn't eat anything"Bruce said his opinion.

"You are right.This is why I am going to SHIELD to ask their therapist for advice. The sandwich made by Pepper is still on her nightstand.Maybe you could convince her to eat it." said Steve before he left the tower.

After 1 hour and a half,he came back to the tower.Nobody was in the living room.He searched in all the rooms ,even Natasha's, who was the same as when she left her.After some time,Steve found all of them in Tony's lab.

"What are you doing all here?"

"We lost our minds because we all agreed with Tony's idea to bring back from death Natasha's dog."said Clint

"First,that will not work and second how did you all agreed?Even you,Pepper?"

"We were desperate to make Nat feel better."

"You don't need to break the laws of nature for that.The therapist told me that a solution would be to take her another dog as soon as possible. I thought we could go to a shelter and adopt one."

"Ok" approved all of them.For Nat's good,they would adopt even a crocodile.

"I want to take Nat with us ,so she can chose her pet.Any ideas how we convince her to go with us?" asked Steve.

"I got an idea."said Clint.

After 30 minutes they were all in the car,including Natasha.When they got to the shelter ,Nat looked angry at Clint.