C4; Traveling

*The Louds all get ready for LJ's upcoming hockey game. It was the most important game to her & she needed all the support she could get.*

LS: Everyone in the van, now!

*Everyone heads for Vanzilla, not many wanting to go for obvious reasons. Right before Lincoln could get in, LJ pushes him back.*

LJ: Not you!

LINCOLN: Whatever, just go.

RITA: Honey-

LS: We need to get going!

RITA: ...Alright. See you when we get home.

*Vanzilla drives away, leaving Lincoln all alone at home.*

LINCOLN: (Time to go.)

*Lincoln heads upstairs to his room & pulls out a suitcase filled with some clothes, comics, & most importantly, money. He walks out the door & looks back at his home.*

LINCOLN: Goodbye, Louds.

*He wanders off, following the road along the way. His plan was simple; Get to the nearest bus station & ride off to start a new life. If his family misses him, they'll look for him. Being completely honest, he doesn't hate his family. (Hate would describe three of his sisters more.) More of, disappointed & betrayed, especially to those he thought were by his side. All he could think about was what he was leaving behind. His friends, the town he grew up in, all of it he would no doubt miss. Sure, there were still good moments, just not enough to convince him to stay. A few hours pass as he walks along the side of the road & he was thinking of where he could go.*

LINCOLN: Great Lakes City? No, Ronnie's mom would rat me out. New York? I only have enough for a bus ride. Think Lincoln, think!

*A sudden flash of lightning & Lincoln sees dark clouds coming right towards him. He pulls out an umbrella & continues along the side as it starts to rain.*

LINCOLN: Okay, I'm gonna need to find a bus stop or a motel so- Oh come on!

*The side ends due to a bridge & there's no bench or bus stop he could wait at. So, Lincoln goes for the next best thing; hitchhiking.*

LINCOLN: (Really risky to do, but I don't see any other choice.)

*The white haired boy holds his thumb up high in hopes someone notices. His luck seems to shine down on him as someone stops for him. Stopping for him is an old brown beaten up pick up truck, which looks like parts of it were replaced or just covered in duct tape & has a blue tarp on the back of it. The window rolls down revealing the driver; a man in his mid 30s with black messy hair & a long messy beard to match.*

MAN: Howdy, little fella. Need a ride?

LINCOLN: Yes.

*His door unlocks & he tarps an old rag over the seat. Lincoln gets in, buckles up, & the man continues driving. Lincoln now sees him completely; Wearing a red & white checker patterned shirt with the sleeves rolled up, a pair of dark blue overalls coated in oil stains, & a pair of black boots with mud coating the soles. Scaring the albino haired boy is the fact this man has a Y shaped hook with two corks replacing his right hand.*

MAN: Ya got a name?

LINCOLN: L-Lincoln. You?

ED: Edward Quintess. Call meh Ed for short.

LINCOLN: Uh...

ED: Let meh guess, ya want ta know about da hook, right?

LINCOLN: Yes?

ED: It's fine, dis conversation happens more than ya think. When I was yer age, let's just say I learned the hard way why the 'DO NOT FEED ANIMALS' signs are there.

LINCOLN: Oh.

ED: I also learned gators like churros.

LINCOLN: Huh.

*Lincoln is now relieved by that story. Ed seems like a nice guy.*

ED: Might I ask why yer runnin' away?

LINCOLN: How did you know?

ED: Doesn't take a genius to question why a young boy has a suitcase & is out late at night, instead of being home. Wanna talk about it?

LINCOLN: I don't think you'll believe me.

ED: Try me.

*Lincoln pours his heart out to Ed. All of the things he had to go through, all the pain & suffering, all the wrongs he had to right, everything. The man is just speechless.*

ED: Holy hell.

LINCOLN: Please don't take me back.

ED: I think I have a proposition for ya; Would ya like to live with me?

LINCOLN: Really?

ED: I don't see why not. What da ya say?

LINCOLN: ...Yes.

ED: Alright. Why not get some sleep? It'll be a long drive there.

*Lincoln decides to take him on that offer & leans against the side to doze off. And for once, he had a great night of sleep.*

Sorry this took so long. Thinking through this is tough, especially when you have to do it over. Next chapter will come out sometime in the future...