Chapter 26

After 7 days of training with Akaza, they bid him a farewell. They took a while but they made it back to the Butterfly Mansion where they are greeted by the three girls and Kanao who was happy to see Tanjiro. 

"You really miss me that much?" Tanjiro asked, causing her to blush. 

"Y....Yes. Should I not be worried about you?" Tanjiro chuckled and pats her head. "It's okay, and yes I also missed you." Zenitsu grunted at his friend, which made Nezuko laugh. They entered inside and they saw Uzui Tengen and Hinatsuru. 

"Uhh, what brings you here, you two?" Tanjiro asked. 

"Ahh, hello there, Tanjiro. This is quite urgent but we have a problem." Uzui said, and everybody listened except for Kanao since she was with them and knows about this. "There has been reported sights of a demon in our place, not too far from the Entertainment District. Master hasn't known this yet since I'm retired." 

"So is this like a secret mission?" Zenitsu asked and his wife nodded, which he realizes that his other 2 wives are not present. "Speaking of mission, where is Makio-san and Sumi-san?" Nezuko asked. 

"They're being treated by Aoi as we speak." Hinatsuru answered her question. "By the way, where is that "God of the Mountain" brat?" To which he refers to Inosuke, and this slightly annoys Tanjiro. "Umm, I think he went to the Shinazugawa Residence to train." Since they're in a presence of a hashira, they agreed to his proposal and they will move in the next day. 

Tanjiro goes to the garden and starts to train. Zenitsu watching by the sidelines and Nezuko smiling at his brother's improvement. Kanao arrives and is flustered by Tanjiro with his training. His swordsmanship skills is very close to that of a Hashira, but lacks the amount of stamina and endurance. 

After his training, he went inside to drink some water. Kanao then walks behind him startling the redhead. "Ahh, Kanao?" He can feel her body pressing onto him. "Tanjiro, do you think that this mission seems a bit odd?" She asked. 

"I'm not sure. Tengen-san seems to know this than I do, so there's really nothing odd, with the exception of a sudden demon attack." He said. The two walked out of the kitchen and they saw Uzui's wives, and also they we're joined by Murata. 

"Ohh, hey Tanjiro! Long time no see." The two greeted each other with a handshake and he bowed at Kanao to which she smiles. "What brings you here?" He asked. 

"I just got called by Uzui here. He said its a secret mission, and you guys are involved." Tanjiro raised an eyebrow and asked why he was called. Apparently Uzui wanted more company since the demon is strong. Kanao now has a suspicion that the demon they're dealing with might be one of the Servants working for the Demon King, and she fills him on the details of what they might be dealing with. 

"I've trained with Tomioka-san for the past few months followed by the other hashiras. And I got the hang with the Water Breathing." This excites Tanjiro and they both went to the garden to demonstrate. 

Murata concentrates and raises his sword. "Water Breathing, First Form: Water Surface Slash!" The blade slightly glowed a blue hue as water erupts from the blade. Next he jumps in the air and raises his sword. "Water Breathing, Second Form: Water Wheel!" He does a full vertical circular slash before landing down. 

He then pulls his sword backwards, while taking in a lot of air. "Water Breathing, Seventh Form: Piercing Rain Drop!" The stab was accurate that its speed was fast. Then he twists his body with a fierce motion whilst doing the slash. "Water Breathing, Sixth Form: Whirlpool!" The body movement was good that he maintained for a few seconds before he stopped spinning. 

"Ahh! I need to breathe!" He does the Total Concentration Breathing and tries to relax. "That's all the forms that I've mastered so far. The rest is locked to me for the time being." 

"I think that's good enough for the mission. Your swordsmanship skills is really improving." Tanjiro complements him to which embarrassment took over him. "Aww, I am still improving but thanks for the comment." Murata smiled and the three went inside to eat.