Chapter 4

Tanjiro helped his two friends inside the mansion. The Vine Pillar walked to the garden. It was shining as the sun was above them. Kanao saw Tanjiro and explained to her what happened?

They stumbled upon her in the garden. She was just sitting there. But when Tanjiro stepped out even once, she twitched, grabbed her sword and jumped in mid-air.

"Breath of the Vines, First Form: Entanglement!" She said as she swung her sword. Tanjiro did not expect this to happen. He tried to grab his sword, but he smelled the scent of leaves and then all of a sudden, vines came for him and wrapped him. He can't escape the vines as they're too strong to break. "These vines, are so durable and resilient." He thought.

When she turned to see Tanjiro, she stopped her attacks. The vines let go of him and she landed safely on the ground. "Apologies for the sudden intrusion. My abilities are a bit too sensitive." She then sheathed her sword and sat once more.

"That technique. How did you learn that?" Kanao asked. "It's different with my flower breathing."

"In my experiences and training in swamps and wetland areas, I saw the potential of vines. I see them as a way to trap and kill victims given their full potential." She explained in a vague manner.

The two walked to her and Tanjiro smelled a sense of calm and nobility. He could see as a calm and strong woman, yet noble and smart. "Why are you here anyways?" He asked her.

"We're going on a mission, to hunt and kill a special kind of demon, somewhere in Asakusa." She answered him and nothing else.

"We? What do you mean we? Why are we dragged into this?" Kanao asked her, but she didn't say anything else. And after that confrontation, the two stood up and left the Pillar to her own thing.

Back at Akaza's place, he was practicing his usual martial arts, now with his special Iron knuckles. But then he heard something in the distance, and out of the tree, a Kasugai crow was flying by and the bird landed on his shoulder. The crow relayed a message which was an SOS from Muichiro.

"Time to test my new skills to the test." He cried out. It was afternoon and the sun is already setting so he heads off with his weapon as the crow guides him.

Akaza finally made it at Muichiro's residence It was dark and dimly lit. Outside the residence, there are no people so it would be easy to deal with the situation.

"Mist Breathing, Second Form: Eight-layered Mist!" Akaza heard Muichiro's voice and he felt a blast of wind. He followed his voice.

There, he saw both Michikatsu and Muichiro battling 2 demons. It was a dimly lit area, so he ran into the fight, jumping in mid-air, heading towards one of them.

"Metal Breathing, Second Form: Ironfist-Devastation!" Akaza then punched the demon, multiple times, creating a crater and sending the demon flying in the air.

"Akaza-san! You're here right on time." Muichiro was relieved to see him.

"Moon Breathing, First Form: Evening Place!" Numerous crescent blades shoot out from the blade but the demon dodged it in time.

"Blood Demon Art- Rock Burst!" The demon cried and then, numerous rocks started to take flight and launched themselves towards Muichiro and Michikatsu.

"Moon Breathing, Second Form: Pearl Flowers Moongazing!" He dodged and destroyed the rocks, causing them to break into multiple fragments.

Muichiro also dodges the incoming attacks. "Mist Breathing, Third Form: Scattering Mist Splash!" All of the rock fragments explode. The demon keeps on launching boulders instead to increase damage. Despite their large size, the two of them manages to dodge them.

"Metal Breathing, Third Form: Hammer Down!" Akaza then struck the neck of the demon, effectively slowing its attacks, which gave him a window of opportunity. He grabs his axe and severs the head from the neck. Akaza killed the demon and now he needs to help the two from the rock demon.