Chapter 14

The dragon demon can't break free from the vines. He doesn't know how long they've fought. The Vine Pillar looked at him with a disgust look in her eyes.

"Moon Breathing, Fourteenth Form: Catastrophe- Tenman Crescent Moon!" Michikatsu went all out, destroying trees in his area of damage, creating a wide area. Tatsuo can see an orange haze in the horizon as the sun begins its ascension.

He was shocked and enraged by this. "They're clearing the area for the sun to come in. Gotta get out of here quick!" He thought and a last attempt to escape. "Blood Demon Technique: Ouroborous Cycle!" The dragon bites the tail as it curls around in a circle and spins, gaining velocity. "Breath of the Vines, Third Form: Flytrap- Constriction!" She then coils the creature as it spins and begins to constrict, trying to slow down its speed.

"Mist Breathing, Second Form: Eight Layered Mist!" Muichiro ran and sliced through its skin, as an attempt to slow down its speed.

"Oh s**t! I'm doomed. I need to break the vines before the sun comes up!" He panicked as the sun glimmers from the horizon.

"Wind Breathing, Ninth Form: Idaten Typhoon!" Sanemi charged and backflips in the air, decimating more trees, widening up the clear area as the light begins to spread.

Sanemi, Muichiro and Michikatsu then spreads out to block his escape attempt. They then moved in 3 equilateral areas of the forest to try to halt its escape

Suddenly, the vines broke and spins away but because the two hashiras slowed its speed, it was a bit slow trying to get away. The Vine Pillar goes after it.

"Gotta get the f**k outta here!" He starts to panic. As he moves, he is met with a slash. "Moon Breathing, First Form: Dark Moon- Evening Palace!" The slash immediately stop the demon from spinning but can't fully penetrate through the tough skin.

"Where the hell did that came from?!" He used his arms in order to grab Michikatsu and kill him, but then the sun has risen. It struck the demon's skin and begins to burn, writhing in pain and letting him go.

He can't slither too fast, since the sun has covered up most of the area. Morning arises and it was a failure for the demon. " Well this is where it ends." He spoke. "I can't even kill every single one of you lowflies? What a scum I am. I just hope the successors will kill even just one of you. I was merely stalling and...." The demon can't complete his sentence as the sun completely burns him to nothing.

The sighed in relief as they won this battle once more. Though Michikatsu was wondering about what the demon said about stalling. Sanemi then realizes that Genya wasn't with them and goes to where he is.

When he goes there, he finds the Vine Pillar and Genya. She then kisses him in the lips, in which his body relaxes from too much use of body strength. Sanemi and Muichiro gave her a confused look. "My lips contains a special healing agent that helps slowly revitalize the body for a brief amount. He will need medical attention." She explained.

Sanemi thanks her but asks for her name to which she declines. Michikatsu explained her situation to which he understands. "Let's go to the Mansion. My brother definitely needs treating after this battle." Sanemi snorted.

Timeskip

His older brother carried Genya and Aoi saw him. She carried Genya and placed him in a bed to start her medical operation. Sanemi then left the estate after this. Tanjiro and Zenitsu saw Genya wounded and rushed to him.

"What happened to him?" Zenitsu asked. "Well he used his blood demon technique to a demon." Aoi briefly explained.

"I wonder what kind of demon he fought." Tanjiro wondered.

Just then, out of nowhere Genya wakes up immediately. The three of them were in deep surprise. "Calm down. You're being treated cause you used your demon technique." Aoi reassured him.

"Thanks Aoi-san." He then turns his attention towards Tanjiro. "I just figured out who the Second King is but you're not gonna like it." Genya said.

"Who is it?" Tanjiro asked, seemingly worried by this realization. "I couldn't even believe it myself. But the second king is actually Muzan Kibutsuji, but in a new form." Genya got relieved when he said that as he can't bear to say that out loud, and also felt concerned at the same time. A moment of silence filled the room as this was a shocking and terrifying revelation.