Chapter 20

Kanao walked to her. "Can we do a duel? I want to see your breathing technique with more clarity." She wasn't feeling enthralled by this, but she accepted her duel nonetheless.

Aoi grabbed the wooden swords and gave it to them. When Tanjiro and Inosuke heard this, they immediately went to the garden and saw the two in their fighting stances, while Genya was just sitting down. 3 people were now watching the girls.

Kanao went for the attack first. "Flower Breathing, Sixth Form: Whirling Peach!" She spins her body in order to deliver the offense.

But the pillar dodged as if someone threw a stick and moved to the side. Her speed was phenomenal. She then drew her sword and attack Kanao. "Breath of the Vines, First Form: Entanglement!" She attempts to trap Kanao while she was in motion.

Vines protrude from the sword and lunges towards Kanao, but she immediately sees it and manages to slip past the vines, dodging it. She was impressed by how Kanao slips by her first form but didn't waste any time complementing. The Pillar runs towards her. "Breath of the Vines, Second Form: Quarter- Snapping Vines!" She grabbed her second sword and performs an equalized vertical slash.

Vines emerge from the sword and moves in a whip-like manner towards Kanao in order to break her sword. Kanao, with enhanced vision, sees this and retaliated with a defensive attack. "Flower Breathing, Second Form: Honorable Shadow Plum!"

She sees this and used it to her advantage. She gains speed and performs a circular slash. "Breath of the Vines, Third Form: Flytrap- Constriction!" Numerous vines wrap around Kanao's sword to her surprise. The vines constrict, causing it to break.

Kanao was caught off guard when she used her defense attack. She had nothing to do but to dodge her attacks, until another wooden sword was seen and she grabbed it.

"Use it! Keep up with your attacks, Kanao." She replied with an aggressive and a justifiable tone. Tanjiro was touched by what she said. Kanao nodded and rushed towards her. "Flower Breathing, Fifth Form: Peonies of Futility!" A wave of 9 consecutive attacks rushed towards the Pillar.

"Breath of the Vines, Fourth Form: Twisted Stems- Defensive Coil!" She spins her body while raising her sword. Numerous vines twists and coils, perpendicular to her spinning body, defending her from Kanao's attack. After that, she raised her sword again. "Breath of the Vines, First Form: Entanglement!" A number of vines rushed and wraps Kanao's arms and hands, unabling her to use her sword.

This was considered a win for the Vine Pillar. She then removes the vines and the duel concedes. Kanao was surprised to see the new form. "That fourth form. Did you create it just now?" Kanao asked.

"I guess so." She wasn't sure of that. "But that was a good duel. You're not so bad, tough lady." She complemented him and went inside the mansion. Tanjiro and Inosuke rushed to help her sit down next to Tanjiro.

"That was amazing. Such speed, reflexes and endurance." Tanjiro was impressed by both Kanao and the Vine Pillar's attacks and moves, which made Kanao blush. Inosuke, being the overconfident decides to challenge her. So he runs after her, leaving the two behind. Genya follows Inosuke to see him fail for the laugh.

"The tensile strength of the vines, are so unbelievably strong, I can't even break through when she trapped me with her first form. Her dodging skills are so swift and graceful at the same time. Kanao was seemingly impressed by her moves.

She looked at Tanjiro's leg. "Anyways, how's your leg holding up?" She asked. He looked at his leg and felt less pain than it was before, and the area where the poison hit was turning into a scar.

"I'm doing great." Tanjiro answered. He then looked at his left arm, where it got sliced off by Muzan. It was slowly getting numb, but he can still control it. But its definitely showing some bits of aging. Kanao looks at him and surprise attacks him with a kiss on the cheek.

"Sorry to bother you, Tanjiro." She said and giggles. Tanjiro then retaliated, by grabbing her arms and kissed her in the cheek as well. "No worries, Kanao." He gave a laugh before she blushed.

Back inside the mansion, Zenitsu and Nezuko are doing some crafting. He is helping her with the accessories, since she wants everyone to have it.

"What do you think, Zenitsu-san?" Nezuko asked and showed him hairclips with butterfly, water, fire and flower designs. Zenitsu was so enticed by this that he almost screamed, but he regains his composure.

"They're so beautiful! Who are you gonna give these to?" Zenitsu shouted in excitement and made her happy.

"It's a secret, and you'll find out soon." She chuckled and kissed him in the cheek. He blushed so hard that he fainted infront of her.