Chapter 6

The two jumped down and inspected the hole. They couldn't make up for how deep the hole is. "Should we wait for the others?" Kanao asked.

"The Vine Pillar knows this place. She'll make sure to tell the others. Besides, this is definitely it. The scent is much stronger down here." Tanjiro replied.

Tanjiro dropped down first into the hole. Kanao waited for his signal to make sure it's safe. Zenitsu and Inosuke then found Kanao in the alleyway and went for her. "You guys made it. Where's the Vine Pillar?" She asked them.

"She's continuing to search the city. Speaking of searching, where's Tanjiro?" Zenitsu asked, and Kanao pointed at the hole infront of him. Inosuke, without even thinking went for it and jumped down into the hole.

"Inosuke! You Idiot!" He shouted.

"Come on guys, its safe here! But be careful on where you step. It's dark in here." Tanjiro shouted.

Zenitsu then dropped in the hole, and last to jump in was Kanao. They then saw themselves in a dark area. Surprisingly, the area is dimly lit. Tanjiro can smell the scent and it's getting even stronger.

"Maybe this was a bad idea considering we can barely see around here." Zenitsu complained.

But before Tanjiro could speak, they heard a low gurgling noise in the distance. Zenitsu heard it and judging from its distance and the loudness of the voice, he concluded that the sound is nearby. And then, the voice immediately went abrupt.

This caused them to wield their swords and carefully scanned the area they're standing on. Whatever that was, it did not like their intrusion.

All of a sudden, a Kunai shot out from the darkness, but it missed. Inosuke kneeled down and took a deep breath. "Beast Breathing, Seventh Form: Spatial Awareness!"

Inosuke spotted the demon, sitting down and a bunch of Kunai, flying around him. "The demon is just sitting there." Inosuke reported.

Just then, another Kunai was shot out of the darkness and missed but it made a wound on Tanjiro's leg. The 2 ranged weapons then emanate an eerie yellow glow, revealing some bit of the area. This was very weird and suspicious but they needed light nonetheless.

Tanjiro saw the demon thanks to the light and charged forward. "Dance of the Fire God: Solar Heat Haze!" His attack almost hits the neck until it was deflected by the flying kunai.

"Blood Demon Art- Seeking Sharpener!" The Kunai then charged towards the group, trying to dodge the incoming kunai.

"Flower Breathing, Second Form: Honorable Shadow Plum!" Kanao started to deflect the kunai's attacks with no damage to her body whatsoever.

"Thunder Breathing, First Form: Thunderclap and Flash, Eightfold!" He zoomed around the area, for 7 times, dodging the kunai until he reached the 8th strike. He was about to slice the demon's neck until one of them attacked him and missed.

"Blood Demon Art- Flaming Circle!" The attacking kunai then began to spiral around in a circular motion and the blade itself caught fire, while maneuvering towards their intended targets.

"Dance of the Fire God: Raging Sun!" Tanjiro slices 2 incoming kunai, rendering it useless. He then makes a run for it and launches an attack. "Dance of the Fire God: Sunflower Thrust!" The thrust burned everything and he was about to slice his neck again, until another demon interfered with the attack.

"Blood Demon Art- Flashbang!" A sudden burst of light emerges, temporarily blinding Tanjiro, missing his attack on the sitting demon.

"Where did that other f**ker come from?!" Inosuke thought. But when the demon was within his attacking range, he ran for it. "Beast Breathing, Fifth Fang: Crazy Cutting!" He went all out, but the sitting demon stood up and manipulated once of the kunai to redirect towards Inosuke.

"Flower Breathing, Fifth Form: Peonies of Futility!' Kanao rushed in and caught the sitting demon off guard, effectively slicing its neck in half, separating it from its body.