Chapter 23

At the Butterfly Mansion, Zenitsu, Inosuke and Nezuko entered inside. Nezuko was done distributing gifts for everybody. Now she only needs to wait for his older brother to return.

After what seemed like hours, Tanjiro and Kanao entered the estate. The two were greeted by everyone. Where were you guys?" Zenitsu asked.

"I was training with Michikatsu-san. And it was awesome." He answered.

"KYAA! You went training with the breath of the moon user?!" Zenitsu screamed when hearing this though this was tolerable to everyone.

"HAHAHA! I want him to fight me!" Inosuke shouted angrily and also confidently.

"Not to offend you, but you wouldn't stand a chance against him. After all he's lived for almost 5 centuries. Surely all the knowledge and tactical knowhow he kept still lingers. Even when I used the Hinokami Kagura" Tanjiro countered the boar head.

He can only scoff at his explanation and went to see Aoi. Zenitsu was almost in the verge of fainting after he heard his explanation.

Zenitsu got back up and walked around the mansion, and found Tanjiro sitting outside, in the garden. He was hesitant to walk to him, but he can sense that he needs something, to the point that he can even hear a sigh from Tanjiro.

"Zenitsu, is there something you want?" Tanjiro asked.

"Umm, its the middle of the night. What are you doing up so late?" He asked him back.

"I'm still worried. There has been no attack from the demons for days. I feel like something's off, like they're planning something." He replied.

"I know but were strong. Strong enough to deal with them. They can throw everything at us but we will prevail." Zenitsu assured the situation.

Tanjiro gave a sigh of relief, upon hearing Zenitsu's words. He stood up and walked inside. "I hope you're right. Cause we're all counting on it." He gave him a hard pat before both of them went to sleep and everything fell in silence.

(To be continued in Vol. 2)