Chapter 5

"Blood Demon Art- Earthshatter- Sinkhole!" The demon punched the ground to where Muichiro and Michikatsu is, so hard that they heard a crack on its skin. The ground rumbled and collapsed. The Mist Pillar and the Moon Pillar jumped immediately in a nick of time.

"That was unexpected." Muichiro thought.

"Metal Breathing, Third Form: Hammer Down!" Akaza tried to land a blow on the demon's neck but it was caught off guard by several rocks hurled towards him. "Metal Breathing, Fourth Form: Bend Thy Will!" He then dodged the rock fragments and continued his assault towards the demon while avoiding attacks.

"Moon Breathing, Ninth Form: Waning Moonswaths!" The attacks were able to severely injure the demon's legs but the demon then jumped. "Blood Demon Art- Rock Burst!" Another flurry of several boulders of varying sizes launched themselves towards the three of them.

"Metal Breathing Second Form: Ironfist- Devastation!" Akaza landed multiple punches at the boulder, causing it to crack in half and fall to the ground.

The rock demon was about to do another blood demon art but then, a blade touched the demon's neck. It was enough to chill the demon to its spine. "Mist Breathing, First Form: Low Clouds, Distant Haze!"

The demon was too slow to react to this. And then, a slicing sound was heard and Muichiro sliced its neck, ending the chaos. The demon then starts to erode away into nothing.

The three sat down to relax. "What happened, before I came in?" Akaza asked. "What did these guys want with you?"

"No idea. They just came in and attacked us." Muichiro answered.

"I've noticed that these demons didn't have any ranking on their eyes, yet they possess the same power as a lower moon." Michikatsu pointed out.

"You think they're a special type of demon?" Akaza asked.

"Not really, but they're formidable, not gonna lie." He said.

Meanwhile back at the Butterfly Mansion, the Vine Pillar stood up. It's already nighttime. She went inside the establishment and saw Tanjiro and Kanao, kiss each other, before she averted her eyes. She knocked at the door to establish her presence, sending Tanjiro shocked.

"Come in." Kanao responded and she entered. Kanao was slightly surprised to see the Vine Pillar. "Uhh what brings you here?" Tanjiro asked.

"It's nighttime. Time to head out." She replied and left the room. Tanjiro and Kanao affixed themselves. "Sorry Kanao!" He apologized but he was cut off mid-sentence. "It's okay. Let's just get dressed so we can go." Kanao smiled.

In a few minutes time, the Vine Hashira stood outside the Mansion. Zenitsu and Inosuke exited the entrance, with the boar head seemingly excited while Zenitsu was still wary of the situation.

Tanjiro and Kanao came last. The 5 of them then head off immediately to spare some time.

After what seemed like hours, they made it to the busy city. They saw huge crowds, littered with people in suits, seemingly done with work. Zenitsu almost forgot how bright the city is, leaving him a bit shocked.

Just then, Tanjiro then smelled a demon scent. He couldn't make out of it, but the location is far away from the crowd, but still in the city. "There's a scent of blood, coming from a demon, somewhere here in the city." He replied.

"I knew there was a demonic presence here! Can you pinpoint it?" She asked.

"I can't trace it. It's very faint. I think we should split up, and find anything suspicious. Call us if you find anything." Tanjiro suggested.

"I suggest we go in pairs. I work alone, Tanjiro is with Kanao, and Zenitsu with Inosuke." She concluded.

They then scattered off from roof to roof, without being seen. Tanjiro can smell more of the scent and its getting stronger, but he can't seem to trace it yet.

"What if the demon is hiding under the city? Could that be possible and a reason why you can't trace its smell?" She asked. Tanjiro considered this a possibility. They then searched the alleyways of the city from above, until they saw a huge hole in one alley.