Quidditch: the bane of Nico's existence, litteraly

A/N - the picture's of Zeus, by the way, I figured it would be a pretty decent representation of this chapter. 😝

*Harry's POV*

"What's wrong Harry?" Hermione asked when Harry got back from the common room, his letter crumpled in his grip. Nico hadn't said anything, hadn't even turned around. But Harry had known that Nico had known Harry had seen everything.

Of course, Nico asking if he had enjoyed it had done a major job in confirming this theory.

He had been frozen, unable to move, and then the dark haired boy just, disappeared.

Harry had run back, and then hurriedly explained to Ron and Hermione what had happened.

"I think we should go to the Headmaster now," Hermione looked grim, "Something's definitely not right, he ought to know about it."

"We can't, we have Quidditch practice," Ron whined, "Can't we do it after?"

"Fine," Hermione huffed, and looked to be about to say something else when the Daily Prophet soared in on the leg of a screech owl.

°°°

*Nico's POV*

At breakfast an owl had delivered a letter to him, explaining that Dumbledore wished for both Nico and Will to come to his office later in the day, but would first like for them to attend the Gryffindor Quidditch practice, as the three wizards they were to watch would be there.

Rolling his eyes at the aspect of watching over-confident wand waving people flying around on broomsticks like cliché witches Nico stalked off after Will toward the open grounds.

It couldn't be that bad?

Could it?

°°°

It was that bad.

Nico had felt his powers reaching a boiling point again after the shock of Jason's death had begun to wear off, it was worse now. He could feel it all the time, every soul in the giant castle was on his radar. Every body burried he could feel as if he knew it personally.

It was the worst. This power.

Nico hoped that the Headmaster would give them a more direct task that evening, something where he could use this unstoppable flow of power building in him. He also promised himself to ask Annabeth about it when he got the time, why his power had changed this much in such a short amount of time.

But right then he had to watch Quidditch. And he was not enjoying it.

Even the sight of seeing that many people up in the sky, Zeus's territory made him sick to his stomach.

On good days Zeus was lenient with the Big Three children coming (if briefly) in his domain. This was not a good day.

Which was why Nico should have been much more careful about being so close to objects that could send you higher then what was probably possible at a moment's notice.

It was right after the Gryffindor Quidditch practice when Malfoy and his goons walked over to Nico and Will. They had chosen to stand on the sidelines, and not in the stands, Nico not wanting his feet to leave the ground. And being closer to the ground would be easier to work with if something indeed went wrong.

The players left, after Katie was taken to the hospital wing, were still on the field chatting as they packed up their things.

"Hey! Fairies!" Malfoy called pushing Will to the ground. Nico growled, hand itching to pull out his sword.

"Get away from him." The air had started to get colder and the other Gryffindors had started to notice was was going on.

"Nico, don't," Will warned, getting to his feet, "I'm fine."

The other night he had warned Nico about using his powers so publically. That people were becoming overly suspicious of them, and that could ruin the mission.

"If you need help just ask for it, Neeks, okay?" He has said, "I know I don't get it, but you can tell me okay, if you need help controling your powers. I'm sure there's something we can do to help it."

Nico clenched his hands, his face breaking into a sweat, as he tried to reign in his powers. He felt his legs give up and he clutched himself, trying to prevent an explosion. He couldn't hear Will as he cried out as Malfoy kicked him in the gut.

He didn't even feel it.

He also didn't feel it as the blonde Slytherin tied his wrist to a broomstick.

He couldn't have been prepared for when he felt himself shoot into the air, his legs leaving the ground.

That, when he felt his powers weaken, the air whip around him as he dangled alarmingly high off the ground.

With his powers weakened Nico was able to gain control, enough to see Malfoy sitting on the broom learing at him.

But that wasn't what concerned him.

And not even the 100 meter drop awaiting him.

Okay, well, maybe a little.

But mainly it was the way the sky had darkened.

How thunder had started in the distance.

Well, this is just great, Nico thought bitterly. Struggling to untie the knot.

"Oh no you don't, fag," Malfoy kicked him, this time in the face. Nico could feel the blood dripping down his face, falling to the ground. The ground that he could no longer see.

They were too high up.

Lightning cracked around them.

Nico started working frantically on the knot.

"You really are stupid, you know that? If you untie yourself you'll fall to your death. Besides you'll never untie it, I jinxed it." He said proudly. Nico groaned.

"Idiota," Nico cursed in Italian, "You are going to get me and yourself killed. In fact," He laughed widely, gesturing around them with his free hand, "You've just doomed us both!"

It was only then that Malfoy noticed the storm brewing around them. His mask of smugness flickered for a moment, but only a moment.

"A little rain doesn't scare me. What about you, Di Angelo? Scared of getting wet?" Nico scoffed

"I wish it would just be rain." Nico's mind was running through options. He doubted he would get the knot untied, his sword was out of reach, and even then the fall would kill him, he didn't have a wand, and even so he doubted he would be able to preform a spell that could save himself. He would never be able to convince Malfoy to fly them both down. But . . .

There was the chance that someone would be able to create a spell to cushion one's fall. He hoped Hermione had enough integrity to save someone she despised.

It was the best option.

"Jump!" Nico screamed at Malfoy over the howling wind.

"Are you mad?!" Malfoy cackled, "I finally have you and now you want me to, what? Die on purpose?!"

"He doesn't want you!" Nico screamed and Malfoy crinkled his brow in confusion.

"Who?" But Nico had already kicked upward, knocking Malfoy off the broom and into the open air. Nico preying silently to his father that he had not just accidentally killed him.

But there was a chance for him to survive. Nico, not so much.

He just wished he could have said goodbye to Will first.

Nico didn't have time to get on the broom, wasn't given a chance to get to safety before the first bolt of lightning hit.

A/N - Sorry, not sorry. 😁
Anyways, tell me what you think.
Vote, comment, share.
Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for reading!
-Nameunknown

Word count: 1194