The Ritual

*FEEL FREE TO SKIP THE FIRST PARAGRAPH. I'M JUST RAMBLING IN AN AUTHORS NOTE.*

*Hi everyone! This is my first story on Wattpad so please feel free to tell me how I'm doing-in a nice and non-bitchy way because I'm sensitive and don't like reading it. Feel free to edit if you want because my editor is way too busy publishing his own stories to read over mine. I edit as much as I can and I update every 2 to 3 chapters so that I have time to edit and read over everything. I hope you enjoy! Thanks so much for reading! THIS STORY IS DEDICATED TO MY BABY PEPPER, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH haha!*

I am sitting down with Kayley in the food court in the mall, she is leaning over her bowl of nachos, contemplating on where she should begin to devour. She pulls back her silky strawberry blonde hair, wrapping it into a soft messy sock bun at the very top of her head. I can't help but stare in awe. We'd walked around the mall for about 20 minutes and she's already running to the food court. She curls her bottom lip between her teeth as she picks up her first chip, fascinated at the strings of stretchy cheese oozing from the sides.

"Watching you eat is like waiting paint dry." I chuckle, tickled at her face as she finally chomps down on what seemed to her, the best nacho is the history of ever.

"Well then don't watch me eat! You're telling me that nothing in here peaks any type of interest to you?"

"I'm not hungry." I frown, adverting my gaze to the group of guys at the other table behind me.

"Don't rush things Mel, when you're ready you will." She mutters through her nacho filled mouth. "Besides it hurts like hell anyway." She frowns, taking a sip of sprite. Mating hurt? I don't understand, mating is supposed to separate the girls from the women, mating is supposed to be the best thing ever, girls made it out to be anyway. I sank back into my chair, as I watch Kayley finish her nachos.

"I just don't want to be a forty-year old hermit, watching after your kids while you have romantic dinners with Rex." I sigh. Rex and Kayla had been going out since the beginning of the summer, we were now going into our senior year, and I'm still all alone. Although I am pretty, I love my body. My hair is long and raven black, my eyes are a cerulean sky blue...what's not to love?

"So you don't want to watch my kids?" She jokes, rolling her eyes. She took her last sip of sprite as she threw it in the trash.

"You know what I mean, I don't want to be by myself." I mutter as Kayley got out of her chair. She pulled her chair in as we left the food court, heading towards the exit of the mall.

"Mel, you're beautiful. Do you know how many girls wished they looked like you? Not to mention , you have an amazing personality. You could have guys at your feet, if you just socialized." She responds, here she goes again. I'm not against having a good time, hell I love to party-with my friends-in a secluded place that not a lot of people know about. Am I wrong? Honestly I've got the worse case of trust issues ever. I still don't feel comfortable around Rex and I've known him since third grade! The only reason I opened up to Kayley is because her father's the alpha, and I needed a friend in my new pack. Anything else is virtually nonexistent. I know, I know that's horrible to say, but I don't sugar coat. I never have.

I heard the jingling of Kayley's car keys takes me from my thoughts as her car chirps to life with the click of a button. The sun is beaming down onto my face with more and more intensity with every step we take towards the car. The air is even warm and dry, making it almost hard to breath. Unfortunately this is an everyday thing in Arizona.

Kayley and I are quick to get in the car and turn on the a.c. I throw my head back as the sweet cold air soothes my face. God I hated extreme heat, and Phoenix is a damn oven. I groan as the air blows through my hair. I fasten my seat belt as she pulls out of the parking lot, and quickly gets on the express way towards home. Kayley's fingers glide over the dashboard and straight to the radio as she changes the station. Kayley, even though I don't trust her, is a fun person to be around, she hasn't told me what to do, seeing that her dad is the alpha and all. She treats me like a sister, I love her for that, but I don't trust her.

It had been a good thirty minutes of driving when we finally got to the pack house. The house is two stories, with uneven spots of brown paint complementing the patches of dead grass scattered on the front yard. There's (of course) half naked guys walking all over the place. The first one Kayley lays her eyes on is Rex, and it's definitely not hard to miss him. His hair is a short cinnamon red hair, and his eyes a ocean blue -similar to my own. He is rather large with platinum skin and tight muscles, simply handsome. Even though he can be a dick. He loves to act like all the rest of the immature jerks in this pack. They have no respect for their women and the ones that do, have controlling, narcissistic women for mates.

"Hey babe." Kayley smiles, planting a kiss on his berry stained lips. He returns the kind gesture with rubbing circles on her back. As they break for air, he glances at me and gives me a smile, I weakly smile back.

-"Hey little girl, you get lost in the big bad wolf house." He teases messing up my hair. This is why I needed to mate, people like him made me seem like a little girl. I'm 18 damn it, i'm an adult. Kayley slaps his chest with the back of her hand, he cringes as he holds his left peck. Out of nowhere Beta Mikey shows up, he had light brown hair and green eyes his skin is a sparkly beige and his teeth were extremely white. He has a girlfriend, her name is Stacey and she has really bad anger issues. As in, bitch if you cheat on me, I'll your goddamn balls off and feed them coyotes.

"Alpha said the ladies needed to get ready for the ceremony tonight, we have new pack members." he spoke firmly. Neither me or Kayley spoke as we stroll to her room. She is the alpha's daughter. She lived here, and when her father said jump, she needed to know how high. She closes her door behind me as she plops down beside me on her bed. She looks over at me, and I look at her. She grabs a hand full of my silky black hair in her hand.

"Pinned up? Curled down? Krimped?" She questions.

" Its just a stupid ceremony, who cares what I look like?" I frown. Kayley took a deep breath. She hates it when I talked like this. She goes to her closet and pulls out a short dress. Yellow and grey. Great she wanted me to look like goddamn bumblebee.

"I don't want to hear any complaints, you're going to get up, put this dress on, get your hair and nails done, your going to smile and be happy because I told you to. Got it?" She said through her teeth, she is definitely intimidating when she's mad. Bitch.

"Give the ugly dress, I'll wear it, but I won't like it."

I got dressed and sat patiently as she curles my hair. I fucking hate dresses.