三十八

The scene before her eyes seems to blur every once in a while as if her consciousness is begging for her to sleep the pain away.

It's so hard to breathe..

She manage to get in the battle range dealing forward with Kokushibō himself intending to play the role as a scapegoat for both Sanemi and Himejima as her backup.She may be injured heavily but she still manage to dodge every of his vital attacks.She also notice how the Stone Pillar's movements are more stable; he can evade his sight.

"To his right!" Satsuki screams, in time for him to hear and then in an instance, His whipped chain crushed the side of the demon's right shoulder.

He did it!

From the corner of her eyes, she senses a shadow lunge forward, thrusting his katana straight into his lower abdomen.Muichirou who had gained his strength back decided to join the battle in.His emerald orbs trembles that it is very much possible the world he is seeing currently is how an Upper Demon rank sees-right through anatomies.In the midst of battle they have come to see it, what's more,Himejima deceived his sight; he manipulated his own blood and disrupted his attacks.

Surprises upon surprises and yet, not a blade has found his throat.

Breath of the Moon,sixteenth form

"Kh..!" Satsuki bounce back just when Kakushibō almost slash her arm, noticing how Muchirou still refuses to move from his spot.

"Muichirou,move!!"

Unbeknownst to the girl, Genya who too, regains his health back raise a gun made from his demon ability to shoot both of them down.

"If I'm able to stop upper moon one for even a moment, you have to shoot okay? You cannot hesitate for a second."

He recalls the Mist Pillar's command before disappearing to the battle.Intending to keep his promise, Genya pull the trigger and bullets bursts right around the demon's form who is quick to realise he has taken a form despite being human mere moments ago.Despite his efforts to deflect the bullets with his sword,they bent back towards his body as if they were living creatures.

Genya pulls the trigger once more, this time Kokushibo is certain he is using a Blood Demon Technique-a tree that enraptures his form making him unable to move because it is rooted into the ground.

Now!..Attack now!

In a sync, the other trio moves heading straight for his neck, raising each of their sharp blades.Before him pokes a certain nostalgia feeling he had long forgotten in the back of his head-from four hundred years ago. On that night, there was a blood moon out.

And he saw something unbelievable.

His 'younger twin brother', Tsugikuni Yoriichi looking decrepit and old, was right there standing.The last time they met each other was sixty years ago.Everyone with the marks should have been dead at the age of twenty-five's how is he the only one alive?

Tears stream down his wrinkled face, "This is heart-wrenching,brother."

He is fast even for such an old age,to land a cut around his throat. The memories came rushing back vividly, the envy that seared through his very bones.Tsugikuni Yoriichi is the only exception to the laws of this world, he lived his life with the favour of Gods on his side-or at least that is how Kokushibo thinks.

One more movement from Yoriichi then he is donefor,a movement that could push him to the brink of death. But the next action never comes, as Yoriichi stands still with his head hung low.