hugs and kisses

I woke up to light shining into my eyes, and the smell of flowers. I sat up and rubbed my eyes and saw rose petals leading outside the door and a note on the bedside table. I picked up the note and it read;

Since you have been having a rough time lately, I decided that were going on a pick-me-up date after school, I had to go to practice early but if you follow the roses there's a surprise for you. My mom said you can use any of her things.

Be ready at 7, xoxo Caleb :)

I blushed at the thought that Caleb cared enough to do all of this for me. I followed the rose petal trail that lead downstairs to find a plate full of my favorite snacks and foods. I sat down and stuffed my face before heading to take a shower and steal some of Caleb's sweatpants and t-shirts for school.

School wasn't that far away from our houses so I walked there, I headed to my locker and grabbed my books for 1st period. When I walked in I saw Mia wave at me and I went to go sit next to her before my teacher started class.

"Hey girl!! how are you? I had so much fun this weekend!!" Mia said loudly, she realized she was being loud and went down to a whisper. "Sorry, how are you?" I never really talked about my dad to Mia, she was my best friend of course and she knew some what about it. I just never really felt comfortable giving her all of the details.

"I'm good, I have a question"

"Yeah what's up"

"Do you have a thing with Mason?" I said while smirking, she started smiling and turning bright red. She smacked me and we started cracking up.

"Well, I mean kinda? He is a player so I don't think he would ever like me but.. I don't know lately it just seems like we've gotten a lot closer you know?"

"Of course I know, look who your talking to." We started laughing but were quickly silenced as our teacher began class. The rest of the day went by pretty quickly, probably because I was so excited for after school. Just like what Mia said earlier; I know Caleb doesn't like me, I'm not his type. He likes confident girls who wear practically a bra and underwear everywhere they go. I'm nothing like what he wants, but at the same time I feel like the energy between us has changed.

I went back to Caleb's house, when I went back in his room I found a box of dresses that I assumed were Caleb's moms. I found a gorgeous black knee-high dress with puffy sleeves and a slit on the leg, I paired it with some black sandal heels and a silver necklace I found. I did my makeup and put on some red lipstick when I heard Caleb come back from mason's. He said he wanted to get ready separately so that we wouldn't see what we were wearing. I assumed he was waiting downstairs so I texted him I was coming down.

When I walked down the stairs I saw him sitting on the couch wearing a button down white shirt, navy blue dress pants, and some leather shoes that I bet he hasn't worn since homecoming. He combed his lemon colored hair back, with a couple strands out of place. To say he looked gorgeous would be an understatement. He noticed me and turned around, I tried to hold back my blushing while I saw his eyes scroll up and down my body. I cleared my throat and chuckled as i quoted his very original line.

"Are we gonna go or are you gonna keep checking me out?" He laughed and got up to walk by me, I was still standing on the stairs. He held out his hand for me to grab, as I did we headed outside.

"Where are we going?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out." He smirked and opened his car door for me.

"M'lady."

I got in the car and wondered where he was driving us while looking out my window admiring the cotton candy sunset. He put on Taylor Swift and started serenading to 'You Belong With Me'. classic Caleb, I reminisced while smiling.

We pulled up to a fancy restaurant and Caleb got out and held his arm out for me to grab. We walked in and sat down at a table, Caleb had insisted he payed for everything. I tried to protest but knowing Caleb, he wouldn't budge.

"Hi! I'll be your waiter tonight, what would the lovely couple like to order." The waiter, who seemed to be about the same age as us, said.

"Oh were not a couple-" I chuckled but was cut off by Caleb pinching my leg, he put his arm around me.

"Um ow?!?"

"Thanks, we've been in love since we were in diapers practically. Did you know our parents met when they were at an orgy?" He smirked at me and I gave him a confused look.

"Uh- no I did not know that, I asked to be your guys' waiter because I thought she looked cute. If you guys are together then I will switch with one of the other waiters."

I looked at Caleb and he smirked and smashed his lips onto mine. I pulled away quickly to see a pretty horrified waiter. He walked away awkwardly and I turned to Caleb and smacked him. He was cracking up; I was trying not to turn the same color as a fire truck.

"What the hell was that Caleb?!"

"Come on, live a little. It was just a joke" He assured me while still laughing. I glared at him and he continued.

"Rory its fine I would never like you, you don't have to worry about me falling head over heels for you."

I swallowed the lump in my throat and scooted away from him, realizing how close together we were. I don't know if I was being obvious that I was in love with him but ouch. I guess I can say goodbye to any hope I had of us together.