Chapter 16.

Crazy how close Alesha's little sister and second cousin once removed look huh. Song by Little Mix - Breakup Song.

Alesha's POV

Petrona and I chat for a bit the fight is over Petrona can speak English so she graciously introduced herself to my mates' who just nod in response they aren't usually the chatty kind but I noticed them look at me with undying love. I haven't known them long maybe it is our mate bond but I do already love them they never question my actions they only want me to be happy.
"Do you have any siblings Petrona?" She sadly shook her head "it's just the three of us unfortunately what about you?" "I have a four year old little sister Jasmine you'll love her and you know you look like her twin I swear it's so strange but you do, you'll love her she can also speak Spanish our mother thought it was important for us to remember our roots. I guess it was all worth it. Oh hunnies can Mateo and Petrona and their mother stay at the palace for a bit I wanna get to know my cousin." They smiled and casually nodded their heads I squealed and jumped up and down excitedly Petrona smiled shaking her head and I began dragging her away from the cave. Phoenix's thanked us then flew off to freedom.

We drove off to my cousins pack Flamingo Laga Pack where as soon as I saw an older version of Petrona she opened the door even though we were still moving and her mum I'm guessing came up and hugged her kissing her cheeks. She said something then turned pointing to me. I blushed, I got out once we stopped, my mates' got out and approached me as Petrona came over and dragged me back over to her mother. "Mamá, esta es Alesha mi héroe y la hija del primo de papá. Ella va a. Nuestra futura Reina." Mum this is Alesha my hero and dad's cousin's daughter. She's going to be our future Queen.
"She's introducing me to her mother" I whisper to my mates. Her mother walks down the steps towards me and hugs me I'm shocked at first and gulp down my emotions I awkwardly pat her back in return. "Gracias por devolverme a mi bebé Alesha. Estoy encantada de conocer a mi familia y sé que estaré orgullosa de llamarte nuestra próxima Reina." Thank you for giving me back my baby Alesha. I'm thrilled to meet family and I know I'll be proud to call you our next Queen. Tears fell from my eyes and I brought her in for a fierce hug and we all laughed they felt like a family should. I cleared my throat wiping away my tears turning to talk to all three of my new family members. I took my mates' hands as they nodded their heads "Me gustaría qué todos ustedes nos acompañen de regreso al Palacio. También me gustaría que conocieras a la hermana pequeña Jasmine, si les parece bien." I would like you all to accompany us back to the Palace. I would also like for you to meet my little sister Jasmine if that's alright with you? Petrona whooped and squealed I take that as a yes her family graciously accepted my invite and left to pack meanwhile my mates' and I curiously investigated the scenery it was beautiful here. "Angel I'm glad you've found a family that can appreciate you." I smiled and kissed Lucas and then Liam holding their massive hands in mine. "I know but I already had an accepting family, my mates' and their parents were family from the moment I met you both."

We were all back onto the plane Petrona was stroking Sky and I sketched them both as my mates' finished their dinner. I began singing to Little Mix's Song Breakup Song and soon Petrona joined me as we belted out the tune.
Our flight was so long I fell asleep on Lucas's shoulder until I was lightly shook awake and groaned wanting to go to sleep again the shoulder I was resting on shook in laughter I looked up and glared at Lucas for waking me up. Liam bent over kissing my mark earning a moan to escape my lips. I sat up straight and stretched out my arms. "What time is it?" I asked my mates' "it's 7am baby we're going to land soon." "Oh alright I better get changed." I took my outfit into the bathroom which was larger than a normal plane but still small. I changed into my denim blue off the shoulder crop top with buttons down the centre, black ripped skinny jeans and black open-toed strap stiletto heels. My eyes widened in horror I can't believe my mates' saw the sate of my hair I took my brush and carefully brushed the knots out of it. I finished by brushing my teeth before heading back over to my seat and buckling back up for the decent.

"What do you think Jazzy will have been up to since we left angel?" I shrugged "I really don't know I hope she's made a friend or two and not have given your parents a hard time she sometimes gets so excited she starts to demand either attention or other stuff. I hope she behaved and I'm sure she'll be excited to have a cousin who can also teach her Spanish. So I don't know what she's been up to but I hope she's had a fun time either way Lucas." He kisses my cheek and stupid blush creeps up again. I buckle up when the seatbelt sign is turned on.

Petrona's mother came over to me once we were off the plane. "Etonces dime cómo es tu hermanita." So tell me what your little sister is like. I took a deep breath as we all walked up the path to the Palace I heard Petrona gasp in surprise at the building. "Jasmine es la social de los dos, le encanta escuchar sober su madre. Le encantan las margaritas que son su flor favorita, le encanta cantar especialmente en las películas de Disney. Ella es solo una vida tu niña." Jasmine is the social one of us, she loves hearing about her mother. She loves daisies they're her favourite flower, she loves to sing especially to Disney movies. She's just a lively little girl.
My mates introduced his parents to my extended family whilst Petrona translated to her parents as Jazzy came out and happily jumped into my arms. "Sissy I show you my picture I drew of mummy and Pearl did you help those other Phoenix's." I nodded setting her on her feet and taking her hand. "In fact this is one of the Phoenix's I helped there this is Petrona and Petrona is actually related to us. She's our far out cousin." "What's a cousin?" "Well a cousin is a relative from your parents side so example our mother is cousin of Petrona's father. Anyway our mothers mum had another daughter and our mothers sister's son is Petrona's father. Do you understand if I had a child you'd be their aunt and when you grow up and have your own kid our kids will be cousins ok." She slowly nodded her head coming to terms with the whole relative thing.
Petrona knelt down to talk to her. "I hear you know Spanish what an amazing cousin do I have I hear your an Earth Phoenix Woah I'm a water Phoenix come on can I see what you can do?" My sister nodded her head excitedly and they left for outside Petrona's parents gladly followed them.