A Choice

You put another carton of milk on HueningKai's desk the next day. Sadly, he didn't show up. His schedule was unpredictable. You just drank the milk for yourself and decided you'd buy another one tomorrow to leave on his desk. Whilst math class felt more boring, you also felt slightly more at ease. You finished your work easily.

The room seemed more quiet and tame today. Voices were more hushed as people talked through their math problems. The day in general was more quiet and tame. You didn't say much. You walked through the halls giving an awkward smile to those who met your eye as you passed.

When you walked home, you purposely took your time. You listened to music as you casually meandered your way home. You didn't really pay attention as you took a longer way home. When you got home, you felt the urge to nap. Needless to say, you couldn't simply ignore such an urge. It wasn't like you had much homework anyways.

So you laid in your bed and fell asleep.

~

"I see you've decided to establish a pattern," Soobin smiled when you walked into the convenience store.

"I guess I have," you replied, grabbing a bottle of water.

"You seem groggy," he told you as he scanned your water.

"I just woke up from a nap," you yawned, as if almost on cue.

"Are you even gonna sleep tonight," he asked in shock.

"I probably will," you told him as you plopped down at the same table you'd say at for the past few days.

"If you just wanted water, why come all the way down to the convenience store?" He asked, quirking a brow. While he waited for your reply, he began to clean the counter.

"Maybe I needed water," you shrugged as you sipped from your bottle.

"I doubt it," he responded quickly. "Cmon, just tell me you like me and be done with it," he teased stiffly.

"Sure. That's why I come here," you nodded. "No other reason."

"Well it's gotta be severe for you to come three nights in a row for water," he pointed out.

"I think I've made this my new comfort place," you answered, letting your hands fall gently to your lap.

  "A convenience store?" Soobin asked, raising his eyebrows.

  "It's better than nothing," you shrugged, playing with the hem of your uniform skirt.

  "Well, you don't have to get a bottle of water every time. You can just come in and sit," he assured you as he left the counter with a box to restock part of an isle.

  "I feel bad. Like I'm loitering or something," you confessed, taking a sip of your water again.

  "It's fine. Really," he assured you over the sounds of wrappers crinkling.

  The bell to the door rang as someone stepped in and you silenced yourself, your voice catching in your throat. You shrunk into the seat, hoping you weren't noticed.

  "God this is fucking miserable," he began as he marched in, running his fingers through his hair as he paced back and forth. "Fucking torture," he mumbled.

  "Hyung," Soobin mumbled, his eyes shifting to where you sat. The boy turned to face you, his eyes widening and cheeks reddening in embarrassment.

  "Oh my god, I'm so sorry," he apologized frantically, bowing down low as his hands moved from his hair to cover his mouth.

  "No, it's my fault," you assured him, standing up so you could bow in apology as well. You weren't exactly sure how the situation was your fault, but you were sure that if your voice hadn't frozen in your throat, you could've stopped the situation.