Let's Forget About Everything Together

This night in particular had Soobin feeling anxious as he finished his homework behind the counter. Perhaps it was the police cruiser that drove by the store slowly. Maybe it was the fog that loomed over the town that day. Or maybe it was the fact that it had been a month since he had seen you at all.

  He'd felt it was appropriate to visit your house and ask if you were okay, but no one even answered the door, despite him hearing evident voices on the inside. He'd also seen it fit to try and find any of your social media accounts after asking teachers for your surname. He'd found them all, but your Instagram had been blacked out, your name being the only thing left for him to identify you with. Your pictures were all deleted, if they were even there to begin with. He looked for a Twitter account, but the same held true for that. The only difference was that a single tweet was left from what possibly could've been the deletion of your account. It was a single re-tweet of little relevance from a while back. It was a single picture of a beautiful landscape and whilst Soobin could appreciate the beauty of the picture, it wasn't important. He'd even gone as far as downloading Facebook to find you, but it seemed as if you'd been taken off the grid.

  It took a lot for him to give up. He'd looked for your TikTok, Snapchat, YouTube, and every other social media in between, but he had no luck finding you. It lingered on his mind even now after such a long time.

  He scribbled on his paper as his mind raced, the anxious feeling growing. He felt chills go up his arms and he couldn't help but feel the need to check in with Taehyun. He bit the inside of his cheek. He picked up his work phone and put in Taehyun's phone number, knowing he would probably be waking Taehyun up.

  "Hyung?" Taehyun rasped, the traces of sleep still evident on his voice. "Is something wrong?"

  "You're okay?" He asked, almost left breathless from his pounding heart.

  "Of course Hyung. I was sleeping," Taehyun told him, now seeming awake. He could hear Taehyuns voice bubble up in the back of his throat involuntarily as he stretched his muscles.

  "Good," Soobin breathed out in relief, and though he had found out that Taehyun was okay, it still didn't ease the anxiety that made the hairs on his arms stand up.

  "Is something wrong Hyung?" Taehyun asked. Soobin could practically hear Taehyuns eyebrows knitting together in confusion and concern.

  "No, it's-"

  He got no time to finish before the door opened, the little chimes that hung on the door notifying him that someone was there. He let the phone fall from his ear haphazardly, as he looked up to greet the customer.

  "Long time no see," you voiced as you stepped into the convenience store. You were out of breath and you felt shaky and weak. You gave Soobin a sure smile as you stood in front of the door.

  The phone fell from Soobin's hand, making a small clatter as it fell to the counter in front of him.

  "Are you alright?"

  That was the first thing Soobin thought to ask. You liked to think you didn't look to haggard, but the lack of sun and a proper diet had probably left your skin lacking vibrance and it most definitely dulled your complexion.

  "A little on the weak side, but alive nonetheless," you answered with a sure smile.

  Soobin had stepped out from the counter at this point and rather than stopping just in front of you, as you assumed he would, he continued to come closer and he placed his hands on your shoulders firmly.

  "What happened?" He asked, his eyes staring deep into your soul. There was almost a desperation in his gaze. A need to know why you'd disappeared.