At Least My Stockholm Syndrome Will Be Romanticized...

You found yourself entering the chemistry lab a mere few seconds before the bell rang. You barely paid attention to the lesson and when your teacher sent you and the others to do work, you were relieved. Finally, time to reflect on what happened. Except that plan was ruined by the nosy girl you'd met a few times before.

"Oh my god, I saw HueningKai grab you. He must've hurt you. What did he say to you? Can you say anything? Blink twice if you're in trouble," she said, almost too quickly for you to distinguish each word. "I swear, it's like that guy strangles baby kittens for a living. He's never smiled a day in his life. That guy is bad news," she scoffed.

  It was obvious that she wasn't going to let you get a word in. Her words were fast and harsh. She left no time for you to even reply to her comments.

  "Are you talking about HueningKai?" Another person butted in. "That guy is such a dick. You'd think he'd be decent at least once, but he constantly goes around being a huge douche," they commented, rolling their eyes.

  "He didn't do anything," you piped up, grabbing their attention.

  "Yeah, right. He's an asshole. There's no way he had a civil conversation," they chuckled dryly.

The conversation moved away from you as the two continued to chat about this illusion of a monster that they'd created in their minds. You bit your tongue and held onto the curses you wished to spit at the two.

  Though you hadn't known him for long, you knew that they'd made a false image of HueningKai that they continued to spread throughout the school. It spread like a virus, except the only person it affected was HueningKai.

  Lunch felt like your saving grace. You'd been biting the tip of your tongue since the beginning of chemistry and it was difficult to keep a nice face in front of everyone. As soon as you left the classroom, a scowl graced your features and you walked down the hallway, fighting the urge to groan at the thought of past events.

  From the hallway, you stepped out of the doors, feeling better already. You felt less restrained by the gazes of your fellow classmates. Much to your surprise, HueningKai and all his friends were already there, talking and messing around by the same car they'd been near the last time you'd met them.

  "(Y/N)!" HueningKai had called once you caught his eye. He was much more free with his personality. His smile was bright and wide. Rather than his usual dark persona, you were greeted with the sun. His smile was contagious as he jogged to meet you halfway as he brought you to his friends. "Glad to see you survived classes."

  "Barely," you told him, your own smile growing.

  "Long time no see," Soobin smiled as you got closer.

  "Can she come with us today?" HueningKai asked eagerly.

  "On our road trip?" Yeonjun asked, quirking a brow.

  "She had a hard day. I'm sure she could use some time to let go of it," HueningKai urged.

  They had never seen him advocate for another like this. Every single one of them had all teased HueningKai for having attachment issues, and they were beginning to see how they actually affected him. HueningKai had previously been very wary of you, but inviting you on a road trip definitely meant something. It was as if he'd previously been testing the waters but now he was ready to plunge into the cold depths of the ocean. And once HueningKai got attached? There was no letting go.