Located On The Corner Of Calamity And A Few Broken Nails Away From Collapsing

You'd never exactly known who you were running from. You'd never seen them, so if you were supposed to be wary of them, you didn't know. Your parents had told you that you were running from your grandparents. Some undisputed feud or mental health issues or something of the sort. Apparently your grandparents were so far gone that they had made it their mission to kill you or something along that alley- or so your parents had insinuated. Your parents had told you that you were a bastard child but that's all they really said, so whether it was Christianity or Catholicism gone too far, or some unresolved mental issues, you'd never know. They never really fully cleared it up, and if you were being completely honest with yourself, you didn't want answers. You lived in ignorant bliss and you would prefer to keep it that way. Heaven forbid you break out of your comfort bubble. Rather than knowing the potentially brutal truth, you preferred to pretend as if the issues never existed, treating them like myths or folk tales. Your ignorance had gotten you this far. It only needed to last a little longer.

"It's a long story," you chuckled with a tight smile. "Have you always lived here or did you move here?" You asked, changing the subject.

  "Oh, I've only been here for a few years. I move a lot," he explained curtly.

  "I do too," you replied, sharing a look of solidarity.

  "Have you been around town?" He asked.

  "Not really. Nothing other than school and the convenience store," you answered.

"How about we show you around soon? There isn't much to see but I can assure you that the town is more than a school and a convenience store," he suggested.

"That sounds fun," you replied, giving him a smile.

~

Yeonjun let out a sigh of relief as he dropped Soobin and Taehyun off at their house. It was the final stop before he could go home. The smile fell from his face as soon as they were out of sight and the dread built in his stomach. He kept one hand on the wheel and he massaged his temple with the other, preparing himself for the war zone.

He parked the car in the driveway, observing his parking job on the way in. He made sure he parked well or else he would have hell to pay later.

He didn't even have to open the door to hear the shouting. His head began to ache before he even stepped in. He hooked the car keys on a small hook by the door as he walked in, removing his uniform jacket.

He'd attempted to learn how to tune out the noise, but no matter how hard he had tried, he just couldn't do it. You can ignore the words being said, but the noise is something that will always linger. He couldn't pretend it wasn't there when the shrieks and booming shouts pierced his ears.

He bit the inside of his cheek as he passed through the living room on his way to his room. He sucked in a breath as he opened his door and then slipped into his room. He let out a breath of relief once he stepped foot into his room. He changed from his uniform and then he clutched said uniform in his hands. He needed to wash it. Though there were no stains, the smell of the lake water was obvious and there was no way he could go to school smelling like that.

He swallowed the lump in his throat and then opened his door once again, no longer being stealthy. He would be caught anyways, so what was the point in trying to keep hidden?

He walked past his parents on his way to his washing machine.

"And-" his mother stopped mid sentence. "Oh, so now you're home."

"We're you out with those boys again?" His father asked.

Yeonjun kept his mouth shut. Whether he retaliated or stayed silent, this would end the same way. The only difference was that if he said something, his parents would say "I don't like this attitude of yours,".