Hyungie

Though you'd gotten over your initial nervousness after being class partners with HueningKai, the nervousness surrounding the unfamiliarity of the town never disappeared and it was that feeling that made you want to cuss out your parents.

  While they were unpacking the kitchen, they'd decided that they wanted you to go to the nearest convenience store to get some snacks and other miscellaneous items. The sun had long since set, so now, you were stuck walking to the store in the dark. The street lights were dim, orange, and spaced far apart. That's one of the reasons you dreaded this task so much. Light was scarce and the unfamiliarity of the areas in this town nearly had you shaking in your shoes.

  The fact that it was already dark, paired with the fact that you didn't know your way around the town yet, was what made you feel like you were going to be shoved into a van and sold for profit.

  You continuously looked around, making sure you couldn't see anyone. You made sure to thoroughly examine alleyways before you crossed them and sometimes, you'd step into the road just to make sure you were far enough away.

  When you saw the convenience store, every bone in your body told you to run, so you did, despite there being nothing around you and no one near you. When you reached the door, you yanked it open and made sure to check over your shoulders before you stepped in. You were relieved when you entered the brightly lit store.

  The boy at the counter, however, was startled by your sudden entrance, and concerned at your state.

  "Excuse me," he asked quietly, stepping out from behind the counter. "Are you alright? Is someone chasing you?" He questioned, his voice hushed to no more than a whisper as he hesitantly approached you, carefully looking out the windows.

  "No, no," you huffed out, trying to catch your breath. "Just nervous," you shortly explained.

  "Oh, good," he sighed in relief, placing a hand over his chest to display his own nervousness. "Well, in that case, welcome. Is there anything I can help you with?" He asked, trying to lighten the mood.

  "No, I should be able to find everything by myself," you answered, flashing him a friendly smile before he retreated back behind the counter.

  You made your way through the isles, picking out the things that your parents wanted. You took a minute to examine each isle, becoming familiar with the convenience store so next time you came, you'd be able to find the things you wanted very quickly.

  It took about 5 minutes for you to find everything you needed and all the while, the convenience store worker would give you small glances every few minutes. You were quick to place your items on the counter in front of him and he was quick to start scanning them and placing them in plain white plastic bags. He told you your total and you showed him your parents debit card. As you pressed the chip against the scanner, the screen flashed 'declined'.

  You took a breath in as he reset it awkwardly, telling you to try again. This time, you inserted it and put in the code but it came up declined again.

  "Sorry, just let me make a phone call," you awkwardly chuckled, stepping away from the counter and turning your back.

  You dialled your mothers phone number and let it ring. She didn't answer. You tried your fathers, but it was the same story. The convenience store worker watched you as you desperately called your parents and neither of them picked up.

  You'd brought a little bit of money just in case this happened. You reached into your pocket and grabbed out the ten dollar bill, handing it to the worker. Soobin, his name tag read.