Can I Scream?

Indeed, the hiking trail was a fairly hidden one. So hidden that you weren't even sure if it counted as a trail.

  Yeonjun parked the car and immediately, Beomgyu and Taehyun practically fell out of the car. They'd probably been ready to stop brushing shoulders for the entire time you'd been in the car. You and HueningKai followed, and finally, Soobin exited the car. Yeonjun was sure to lock the car, though, as Beomgyu said, 'no one would want to steal his piece of shit car'.

  The sky was still grey and it felt like the beginning of a low budget horror movie. You were half expecting Jason Voorheez to jump out of the overgrown woods with a chainsaw.

  "Alright. Let's go!" Yeonjun cheered, pushing some foliage out of the way, revealing a thin dirt path that obviously hadn't been tread in years. The roots were peaking out and the branches of other trees pushed their way into the so called path.

  Taehyun was the first brave soul to push through the other branches. He charged into the path like a brave, machete wielding adventurer. Next was Beomgyu, who obviously wasn't too pleased with the arrangement, but went along with it. Soobin followed closely behind, and stuck to him like glue was HueningKai. Yeonjun gave you a small smile and nodded towards the small opening, pulling back more of the branches to aid you.

  You gave him a silent smile of appreciation as you push some branches out of your way and bravely follow HueningKai. Yeonjun followed closely behind you, reaching close to you to hold some of the branches out of your way. It was much appreciated.

  Though his chivalry was much appreciated, it was obvious that his inattentive nature towards his own surroundings was not helping him in the slightest. He found himself being hit in the face with the odd branch as he passed through the brush.

Taehyun took the liberty of shouting back to the rest of you whenever there was uneven terrain or something that could trip the rest of you up. You were always sure to look out for whatever he pointed out.

Soobin and HueningKai were by far the noisiest of everyone in the group, which wasn't what you had expected. When HueningKai was in class, he always seemed to be dark and quiet and mysterious. You assumed it was just part of his charm. That's why it was so surprising for you when you saw his current state. Of course, you'd seen it briefly before, but being exposed to it long term was more surprising. He was the baby of the group and everyone treated him as such. The tallest in the group, and the one you'd come to know as the one with the most intimidating personality and mannerisms was being babied by those around him. It was easy to forget he was your age as you watched Soobin pinch his cheeks with the biggest smile on his face.

That brought you to Soobin. He'd always seemed so professional around you. Always polite and considerate. The epitome of maturity. You guessed that you could still see some of that as he interacted with HueningKai, but rather than being a reserved type of mature, he was the type of mature that would constitute him as the 'mom friend'. He used baby talk with not only HueningKai, but all of the others, save Yeonjun who Soobin seemed to have a deep respect for. That deep respect was very mutual. Anyone could see the subtle hint of respect that shone in Yeonjun's eyes whenever he interacted with Soobin. It may have been subtle but it wasn't hard to see.

  The two in front of you clearly had no issues interacting with each other. When confronted by those in front of them, they claimed it was to keep the wildlife away.

  "Ddoobinnie is only keeping the bears away," he replied when asked about how loud he spoke. It brought a small smile to your face as you dodged tree branches. In all fairness, you doubted that any bears would come towards such a ruckus.

  "It's getting super steep!" Taehyun called from the front. You dreaded it.

  You were already wheezing in laboured breaths from how steep it was, but it got steeper? You had debated just keeling over and sleeping right then and there, but with the amount of chivalry you'd been showed by the group thus far, you had no doubt that they would either stop the whole activity to help you, or carry you all the way up. Whilst the latter sounded pleasing, you had no intention of being a burden, so you bit back a cry of displeasure and urged your legs to go on for a little bit more.