What Would The Vegans Think?

Now that you'd heard about the rumours, you felt hyper aware of the eyes that landed on you. You'd previously noticed the gazes of your fellow students but you'd just assumed that their eyes simply fell to you because there was nothing else to look at in the old hallways. Now, it felt like they purposefully looked at you, everyone trying to get a peek at you.

  You weren't well acquainted with the rumours and gossip around the school, but as Soobin and Yeonjun explained to you oh-so-selflessly, the particular group you'd become acquainted with is often a topic for gossip, whether it's their 'mysteriously handsome demeanour', as Soobin phrased it, or their 'hot mafia gang vibes', as Yeonjun so eloquently put it.

  Though you weren't exactly sure what you were getting yourself into by not running immediately, the one thing you knew for sure was that the rumours and gossip would die down eventually. No one really cares for gossip outside of a school setting anyways.

  Instead of shying away from the blatant stares you received, you pretended as if everything was normal. You'd done nothing wrong. You didn't really care much for their perception of you. You knew you were innocent and until put into a court of law, there was no need to defend yourself. As Taehyun had said, why wash your hands if they're not dirty?

  After classes had ended, Taehyun was the first one to see you on your way to the parking lot. You'd chatted about your classes as you made your way to Yeonjun's Car.

  As you came into view, you made eye contact with Soobin and in a blind moment on adrenaline, you shouted as loud as your scratched throat would let you.

  "Shotgun!"

  Soobin had apparently been just as fast as you which led to the two of you playing Rock Paper Scissors at the will of Yeonjun.

  Soobin, with his disgusting rotten luck, managed to win best two out of three, which meant you'd been left to share a seatbelt with Beomgyu, HueningKai and Taehyun already having called dibs on their own seatbelts.

  You'd been forced into the middle next to Taehyun. Beomgyu had called dibs on the window seat. It was almost like no matter how prepared you were, you lost every game.

"Play good music this time," Beomgyu requested while pouting.

"My music is perfectly fine, you're just whiny," Soobin retorted back, even going as far as to turn to stick his tongue out at Beomgyu.

"Get us in the mood for rock throwing!" Taehyun requested.

"Sorry? What was that? I heard all ballads. Sorry. It's just so hard to hear from all the way in the front seat," Soobin teased, turning to face the two who sat squished in the back.

  Yeonjun rolled his eyes and took his right hand off the wheel to push Soobin's head forward. You saw Yeonjun's eyes glance to look at Taehyun and Beomgyu in the rear view mirror. Beomgyu gently leaned forward, scrunching his nose, and stuck his tongue out at Soobin.

You saw the corners of Yeonjun's eyes crinkle gently. It took no genius to see that Yeonjun was fond of his younger friends. You hadn't gotten much of a chance to observe him, but you took the opportunity to watch how his eyes shifted from Beomgyu to the road, to Soobin, to the road, to Taehyun, to the road, to HueningKai. All it took was a glance to see that Yeonjun genuinely cared for the people he surrounded himself with. Not only could you see it in the small glances he'd send in the rear view mirror, but you could also see it in the way that he drove. You'd only driven with him a couple of times, and despite doing something very illegal by sharing a seatbelt, Yeonjun always took many precautions.

He never started moving until everyone had their seatbelts on, he never even glanced at his phone, he would glance to each of his friends but immediately after, he would check the road again. Whenever there were potholes, he would either slow down, or gently swerve to avoid them. He was extremely careful. He didn't seem like the type to be a super cautious driver, so you personally believed that Yeonjun believed he had precious cargo.