Prologue

****Two Years Before****

Prologue

"Are you sure I’m allowed to be here?" She asked looking scared and uncomfortable. 

"I’m positive, my father won't mind, and neither should anyone else," I told her glaring at the people who were giving her rude looks or who were growling. 

"Okay," She said.  I led her to the front of the crowd and towards my father to introduce her to him. She clung to my arm, afraid to leave my side as if the others would eat her alive. I chuckled. They wouldn't dare mess with her. 

When we reached my father he stiffened and turned around slowly. "Son, who is this?" He growled, glaring at the trembling girl beside me. 

"This is Jenny, my girlfriend. I brought her to the pack's meeting to let her see what my life is like. She knows about us and she promised she wouldn't tell." I said, looking anywhere but his face. I knew he would be mad, but he would get over it, right?

"She... knows? She KNOWS?!" He roared causing everyone to turn and stare at us, all conversations stopping as they tried to firgure out what the problem was. As if it was that hard to figure out in the first place.

Beside me Jenny flinched and tried to hide behind me. "Look I’m sorry! I'll leave if you want me to," She said. I could hear the terror in her voice and guilt washed over me.

"It’s too late for that, Jenny..." I whispered the pain clear in my voice, but she wouldn’t be able to hear me. Instead, everyone but her would hear me.

"No. It’s too late for that." My father said. "Scott," He called, his face an emotionless mask as he waved over his second in command, the Beta, "Take care of the girl, will you?" 

Scott nodded and he turned to will for help. Behind me Jenny screamed at me to help her as they took her away into the woods. Her screams tore at me, clawing up my insides.

"No!" I yelled, running after her as fast as I could but a few men jumped in my way and held me back, using every bit of strength they had as I was trying to get free and go after her, save her from the harm I knew would soon be upon her.  

"Let me go!" I struggled out of their grasp and shifted, paws thudding the ground as I ran towards the spot I had last seen her at. 

Stop, I heard the command loud and clear in my head. It was an Alphas command, one that could not be ignored. I felt my legs stopping and turning around on their own accord. 

I whimpered and lowered my head to the ground as I saw my fathers wolf standing above me, head held high and his cold grey eyes staring down at me, daring me to challenge him. 

I just kept my head down, and my body in a slightly bowed position. I didn't want to challenge him, not yet. 

You are banned, my fathers voice boomed in my head, in everyones head. Go, and never come back.

I obeyed, slowly tuning and walking away. The rest of my pack, my old pack, stared at me. Some whimpered as I left, going to miss me.Some growled, probably at my stupidity of telling a human that wasn't my mate. Others just stared at me as I passed, not sure what to think.

I walked into the woods and just kept walking with no intention of turning back. I didn't have a pack anymore, and I probably wouldn't be welcome home. Sure, my mom would  miss me but my dad or brother? They'd be glad I was gone. 

The only thing I feared for the pack was when my brother gained the Alpha title that was supposed to go to me. The pack would be ruined. 

As I walked into the dark woods, my father’s words echoed in my mind over and over again. "Go, and never come back." 

I was an outcast now.

______________________________________________________________________________

OK, sorry if its confusing but its something that happened in the past, and is very important. So yeah... By the way, this was two years eariler.