Karen appreciation time

When Peter first found Karen it was a huge surprise. He just couldnt believe mr. Stark would care for him so much, and to give him an A.I! That was a huge gift and it must have taken him months to make.

So that's what Karen was to everyone. Artificial intelligence. A helping hand around. Portable talking google. Inanimate. But Peter knew so much Better. Karen was his best friend when Ned wasnt around, his aunt when May couldnt help him find a recipe for dinner, his mentor when he didnt want to contact mr. Stark and his mother because his wasnt around anymore.

Karen reminded Peter to take his medication every morning when he woke up just so he wouldnt forget. No one programmed her to do that. She would always make him eat something before school and reprimand the teen if he wouldnt. She would have comfortable conversations about school with him, and never told him to stop rambling, sometimes she would go on rambles of her own that Peter would intently listen to and take in every bit of information that he could.

On the boys 16th birthday he recieved a parcel outside his apartment door. It was addressed to him so he opened it up and gasped. Contained in the box there was three tickets to the newest star wars movie, Anakin Skywalkers light saber, five new lego kits and a picture frame with Peter in his suit on top of a building.

Peter was delighted when he saw the card at the bottom of the box. He couldn't wait to thank the person who did this for him. His Aunt May had to work a thirty six hour shift so she wouldnt be home until his birthday was over, he didnt think Mr. Stark knew and Ned was in Hawaii with his parents.

He picked up the card and started reading.

Dear Peter.

You are sixteen today and I know it is hard celebrating without someone there with you.

So I just wanted to let you know that you will always have me.

Hope you have a great birthday.

Love,
          Karen

It wasnt Peter's intention to cry but here he was. He ran into his room and sat on his bed. He put in the earpiece he made for Karen.

"thank you"

It was barely a whisper but it made his point clear.

"I am just your A.I Peter. I should be thanking you"

Her voice was never robotic. It was always filled with emotion.

"You are so much more Karen. You are my best friend and you're like a mother figure to me. You always know what to say and you never make me upset or angry. We wreck eachothers heads sometimes but you are always there for me and I will always be there for you." A few more tears slipped down his face before Karen answered.

"You are a good kid Peter. You are tired. get some sleep. Goodnight Peter"

Already feeling drowsy he put his head down on his pillow and started to drift off to sleep quicker than usual because of his crying.

"G'night Karen. Love you" he mumbled into his pillow. The last thing he heard before he was out was just a simple

"I love you too Peter".

This isnt great and it's unedited because I'm really tired. Love you all and thanks for reading!!