Bleach

This one is sad and I dont know what trigger warnings to put in it.
Death
Blood
Bleach.

"5 more minutes okay hun. Just a few more minutes until the ambulance is here. Please just hold on. Please~"

Holding the quivering bloody body of a four year old isnt how Peter wanted to spend his Monday patrol. He was just ten seconds too late.

"Come on sweetie I can hear the sirens just please keep your eyes open~"

The toddler whimpered as he held more pressure to the open gash in her side. Ten seconds...

"What's your name? My name is Peter"  a tear slipped from his eye behind the mask and he sniffled.

"M- Mia"  she stuttered out.

"How old are you Mia? I'm fifteen years old."

He panicked for a split second as her eyes rolled into the back of her head before she focused on him again.

"Hurts Peter" she mumbled and Peter's heart broke. He could hear the ambulance right around the corner. But his arms felt heavier.

"Mia. MIA you have to wake up please wake up they are here and they are going to fix you up please. wake up"

The EMTs rounded the corner and immediately took her body from his arms.

"Spiderman. Are you with us?" He heard someone click infront of his face. He zoned in on the sound and he coucld hear chaos going on around him. People were starting to gather at the scene as the doctors and nurses got to work on the toddler.

"No pulse. Final time of death 19:06. I'm sorry spiderman." One of the nurses laid a hand on his shoulder before they got onto the ambulance aswell.

"Incoming call from: Big Boss Man. Would you like me to answer?" Karen asked him.

"Em. I don- I- yes." He finally stuttered out. The crowd was beginning to leave so her looked around. There was a puddle of blood surrounding him. It was on his suit and it covered his hands. He had the blood of a dead four year old on his hands.

Forgetting about the call he accepted from Tony he took of his suit and mask and put it in his pack pack and got changed. He walked home in a daze.

Everytime he blinked he could see the same thing.

"help"

"Hold on just one more second"

"Please wake up"

"Hurts Peter"

Without realising it he had already made his way home to the tower. He stumbled his way to the elevator and pressed his own floor where he headed straight to the bathroom.

'Her blood is on your hands. I want it off. I want the red gone. I hate red. I want to take it all off'

He scrubbed his hands until they were raw and red.

'No more red'

Not thinking straight he reached towards the bottle of bleach he used on the toilets.

'No more red'

He rubbed the liquid into his skin.

'The blood of a four year old is on your hands'

"PETER STOP!" He heard someone tell from beside him but it sounded like an echo. Or as if speaking through water.

"No I cant I have to get rid of the blood. No more red I cant have any more red." He mumbled and stuttered while rubbing the corrosive substance into his hands.

His hands were grabbed and as much as he tried he couldnt yank them away.

"Steve stop I have to get rid of the blood. It's all over me I need to get rid of it I need t get it off me Steve please get it off it's everywhere" he sobbed.

Natasha, Bucky and Tony watched horrified as Steve used all his strength to stop the fifteen year old from burning more of his skin off.

He kept whispering the same phrase over and over again.

"No more red. I need to get it off. No more red"

After what seemed like hourse of struggle and sobbing Peter cried himself to sleep, exhausted from fighting.

The Avengers looked at eachother then to the teen passed out on the hard roles of the bathroom floor.

"What happened? I've never seen him like this. Even when people have died in his arms he's never treated like this" Tony's words were heard but not answered. It was true. People had died with Peter while he was on patrol and he always came back to the tower in tears as he let out his sadness and anger onto Tony's shoulder. But never had  he seen Peter go to this level of extreme.

"We need to bandage his hands" Bucky said quietly as he got the gauze from one of Peter's drawers. After wrapping his hands, Steve put the boy in bed and they left the room asking FRIDAY to tell them when he woke up.
~000~000~000~000~000~

"Please Mia just hold on for a few more seconds. Mia wake up. Mia please wake up they are going to take care of you. Mia please. MIA"

Peter woke with a jolt and immediately ran to the bathroom, throwing up any food he had left in his system. He felt an large hand on his back and they rubbed his shoulders.

"She was four Tony... four. And she died. Her blood is on my hands."

The older man just sighed and wrapped the boy into a hug and brought him the glass of water he carried up for him.

"We lose good and innocent people everyday Peter. You gave that little girl someone to comfort her in her final minutes. She didnt go scared and alone because of you. That's what heroes do." Tony contorted him.

"Why did it have to be her?" He sobbed and covered his mouth to muffle the noise.

"When you are picking flowers in the garden, what ones do you pick first?"

"The prettiest ones"

"There is no right time for death Pete. Most of the time it's very unfortunate timing. You wont be prepared for when it happens and you shouldn't have to be. You saved that little girl from dying in a cold alley for some stranger to pick up her body and bring her straight to the morgue. You gave her a fighting chance. You did everything you could but death dies not choose between sinners and saints. That little girl was one of the saints and she will forever be thankful of you."

The teen nodded as the tears slowed and his sobs turned to quite hiccups.  Tony led him to his bed where he kissed him on the forehead and tucked the blankets around him.

"Sleep well kid"

"Thank you dad"