Open up

After a day's worth of travelling, you arrive at your next and final destination. The moment you get out of the car, you breath in the scent of the sea. You're both drowsy, and done for the day, therefore deciding that you'll spend the remainder of the evening in your room. Tomorrow will be the time for exploration, and the day after you'll set your course back to England.

It starts as a cozy night in your hotel room, that turns more intimate with each savored sip of alcohol. The drowsiness of before not noticeable during your flash of heated passion. And after the moment were your bodies were molded into one, Cate lies close to you, and a sweet sleep wraps you together.

Once during the night, you open your eyes and watch her sleep on her stomach, one arm under the pillow, one arm exposed. But when you wake up, she is gone.

You wake to the smell of toast browning, the sizzle of butter hitting a hot skillet. The bed is empty beside you, the door almost closed, but you can hear Cate moving in the other room beneath the soft burble of talk radio. The room is cool, and the bed is warm, and you hold your breath and try to hold the moment with it.

You throw off the blankets, scavenger the bedroom floor, picking up your clothes that scurried across the room in last night's amorous moment. You find the robe Cate so elegantly wore before your little shoot, and wrap it around you, bury your nose in the fabric. It is worn and soft, smells like fabric softener, and the faint hint of her perfume. You pad barefoot into the kitchen as Cate pours coffee from a French press.

She looks up, and smiles. “Goodmorning.”

With sleepy eyes, and a soft smile, you walk up to her. "Goodmorning."

You find the comfort of her warm body as she wraps you in her arms.

It is such an amazing feeling. Being too tired and drowsy to think straight, and to only be able to embrace her without having to think.

It is the fact that both of you are so happy to see each other first thing in the morning, and the distinct emotional honesty that comes with it. To have absolutely no doubt in the other's complete affection. It is to be perfectly content where you are, with not the smallest inkling of a desire to be anywhere else.

She pulls back, and you get a glimpse of those blue eyes, and warm smile. And as she speaks again, she does so in a light, and charming manner.

"Last day in France. I say we dress up."

You laugh, a quick, sarcastic sound. "Really? I thought this right here is just fine." You look down at the piece of silk covering your body.

"That's not what I meant." She grins at your act.

"Oh yeah?" You smirk. "What do you mean then?"

She's silent, and looks at you with narrow eyes and a smile, before speaking again. "We're in France. Not the most modest place regarding fashion. I say we act like it. And although I wouldn't mind walking across the streets with you in this little get-up," She comes close and fumbles with your robe. "people wouldn't stop drooling at you." Leaning in, she whispers against your cheek. "And I will get jealous."

You lean back, and admire the smirk that is set on her face. "Now we wouldn't want that now, would we?" She continues in a deep tone.

"No." You slyly smile. "But next time you should've given me a list of what to pack, if you're really this demanding."

"I will." She grins. "And I like the sound of that next time."

You're enthralled by her lavish manners. "Look at you being all clever early in the morning."