Preperations

After Noah has dropped you off at your apartment, you move yourself over to the couch. Grabbing your phone, you go through your contacts.

Cate Blanchett

It really is there. You don't have any other Cate's that you know, so you quickly change the name to be just 'Cate'.

Surely with the other celebrities that you've worked with, you also got their number. But not after actually having worked with them. The alluring woman gave her number right then and there, and only to you! It was Noah who started the topic, but she insisted on giving her number soly to you.

It takes the rest of the day for your brain to process everything, until finally in the evening, your mind quiets down. You peacefully go to bed, and unlike yesterday night, you sleep like a baby.
__________

In the weekend that follows, you persistently work further on the project. Sitting in your office, sorting out all the shots, editing all the right pictures. It might seem dull to others, but you live for this stuff. Everytime that you're behind the computer and start working, before you know it, hours seem to have passed by.

On sunday morning, one day before the first workday with Cate, you decide it's time to give her an update. After quick deliberation, you decide to go with the safe choice and send her a text message.

You: Goodmorning Cate. Hope you're excited for tomorrow, I certainly am. Does 1 p.m. until about 5 p.m. fit your scedule? -Y/N

You continue your morning by taking a run and having some breakfast. Afterwards, you go to your office to get some more work done. It isn't until noon that you check your phone again, and see a message.

Cate: Good morning to you, too. I'm avid to start tomorrow. 1 till 5 sounds perfect, see you then.

You smile upon reading the text message. Her voice seems to speak the words in your head. After sending her a short message back, you call Noah.

"What should I get for lunch?" Is the first thing you hear on the other end of the line.

"Hello to you, too" You begin to laugh.

"Well...?"

"You wanna come over and grab a bite?" You suggest.

"I'll get something on my way over." He tells you, and the line goes silent.

Thirty minutes later you're both on the couch, enjoying a sandwich.

"So, why did you call?" Noah asks.

"I texted Cate." You begin. "We'll start tomorrow 1 p.m."

"Cool." You can sense from the lack of enthousiasm that something seems to bother him.

"What is it Noah?" You can easily see right through him.

"It's just... I still have a hard time figuring out why she wanted you to have her number, instead of me."

"Really?" You can't help but laugh. "Well, like you said yourself. How can anyone resist this" - you gracefully lift your arms - "charm?"

Noah is quick to realise the foolishness of his worry and changed his jealousy into amusements. He puts on a posh British accent. "You're absolutely right madame. Just how nonsensical of me."

The two of you can't keep a straight face. After the laughter has died down, you enjoyably finish your food.
__________

"Are you nervous for tomorrow?" Noah asks you when he's about to leave.

You lightheartily smile. "It's that obvious huh?"

Noah nods his head. "Just take a deep breath, Y/N. All will be fine."

"Who taught you all this wisdom?" You ask lightly, already knowing the answer.

"You, of course." He says in an obvious tone. "But you know that perfectly well."

You do. And feeling this fragile is nothing like you.

You open the door for him. "I'll see you tomorrow Noah."

"See you tomorrow." After giving you a quick hug, he's out the door.

The rest of the day is spend working, reading, bathing, until eventually in the evening, you go to bed.
__________

You wake up feeling light as a feather. All the stress, worry and angst you've felt these previous days, seem flurished. You feel excited, confident and relaxed for today and the days that'll come. The realisation has struck that you just have to enjoy this opportunity of working with Cate Blanchett.

It isn't until noon before Noah will be here, so you have plenty of time to prepare.

Even though you've known Noah since college, the two of you haven't started working together till 5 years ago. He makes all your appointments, reads through your mails and makes sure you stay on scedule. On top of that, your best friend is also usually there on the shooting days, doing your clients hair, make-up and wardrobe. He's really got an eye for it. During this project, he's also assisted you in making all the actors camera-ready.

A little before 12 Noah's at the door. He helps you carry all the camera equipment to your car. It's a bit bigger than his, so driving in yours is more practical. Once you get in, with Noah on the passenger seat, you start the car. The both of you sing, laugh and talk on your way over. You tell him the reasuring fact that your nerves are replaced by excitement and he's releaved.

"Took you long enough to realise there's no need to be nervous." He says.

No need?! It's still Cate we're talking about.

After a short hour of driving, you reach the long driveway. Having parked your vehicle, you decide to leave your stuff in the car to pick it up later after the greeting. Noah and you walk up to the door and this time it's you, who happily rings the doorbell. Andrew opens the door.

"Y/N, Noah, good to see you again." He warmly says.

"Good to see you too." You politely say.

You see he has his coat on and a briefcase in hand. "I'm just about to go out, but please do come in."

He lets you in before he steps outside himself. "My wife's in the kitchen. Best of luck today!" And off he went.

Noah and you walk towards the kitchen entrance and there you see Cate, sitting on the same seat you sat on a few days ago.

All right, here we go.

A/N

You live for this tension? I know you do, admit it! I love to see your comments, so please keep them coming.