Shared feelings

You lean against the window, watching the run rise over London. You wrap your fingers around a cup of tea, savoring the heat against your palms. The glass fogs with cold, the dregs of autumn clinging to the beginning of the day. When you got out of bed half an hour ago, you've put on nothing more than a shirt, oversized enough to barely cover your underwear, leaving your legs fully exposed.

You pad barefoot back into the bedroom, where Cate lies facedown, arms folded beneath the pillow, her cheek turned away. And in this moment, you feel content. Any doubts or fears, washed away by the serenity of her presence. Her golden locks, spread like feathers on the white pillow, fading to downy fluff at the nape of her neck. Her back rises and falls, steady with the smooth, shallow tread of sleep.

You set your cup down on the bedside table, between Cate's jewellery and leather watch. You're about to pick it up when Cate groans into her pillow, a soft protest to morning. You abandon the watch, and climb into bed beside her. "Goodmorning."

She pulls her face out of the pillow, turns around, looks at you, and smiles. And this is the part that will never get old. You've had more relationships where moments like these occurred, but with her it feels different. With her, everything feels different, all in a better sense. She pulls you against her.

"Goodmorning." She whispers into your hair. "What time is it?"

"Almost eight."

Cate groans, and tightens her grip around you. She is warm, and you wish aloud you could stay here all day. But she is awake now, that restless energy winding around her like a rope. You can feel the tension of her arms, the subtle shifting of her weight.

"We have all morning." She says, her voice little more than whisper, with a smile plastered on her pure, drowsy face.

"We do." You respond, and by that, mirror her smile.

Her hand finds yours, and your fingers entangle.

"What'd you wanna do?" She asks, stroking her fingers over yours.

"Make you smile."

And she chuckles, smoothly, effortlessly, to your response. "Alright, what else?"

"Kiss you."

And she motions one brow upwards, showing enticement. "Alright... what else?"

Leaning in closer, your lips brush her ear, and when you speak, it is soft and gentle. "Touch you."

And when you pull back, you see she shares your smirk. "I think we can manage that." She motions your entangled hands to her lips, giving a tender kiss on the back of your hand. "I'm gonna take a shower."

This is what makes you feel warm inside. The comfort. No need to request anything anymore. And when she gets up, her bare, lean body fully showing, she makes elegant steps out of the room, almost as if to flaunt her body, which she has every right to do.

While you hear the continuous stream of hot water from the bathroom, you head over to the kitchen to prepare something to eat. Whilst putting some toppings on the sandwiches, you think about yesterday, and the questions that have yet to be answered. Just when you decide that you won't leave this unspoken today, Cate comes walking out the bathroom, wearing the clothes she's brought along from home yesterday. Upon seeing her, your face lights up, and when she sees your delight, her expression reflects yours, revealing her radiant smile.

"Y/N," She says. "maybe some pants?"

You look down as if noticing your bare legs for the first time. "Why? Do you find this" - you stike a provocative pose - "distracting?"