Impact

The weekend seems to go by in a hurry. After having seen the pictures that Cate made, you've realised that the worry you feel is pointless. You feel like a fool for having felt it. She's so precious, you don't want to have any negative feelings about this whole experience. You'll just go to work tomorrow and everything will be perfect. It's only awkward if you think of it as awkward. So, you just won't let yourself think that.

The evening has arrived, and because tomorrow will be an early day, you decide to pack all your camera equipment beforehand. Your arms are packed with stuff that you're bringing towards the car. You go down the stairs, drop some stuff in the car, go up the stairs, get some more stuff. It isn't until the second round when your phone starts to buzz.

Cate: I forgot to thank you on your way out... I had a great time this afternoon. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Reading it on the stairs, barely being able to hold your phone because of all the stuff you're carrying, a sense of gladness rushes over you. Just the thing I needed.

Deciding to answer when you're done packing, you put your phone in your back pocket and continue what you where doing; drop some stuff in the car, go up the stairs, get some more stuff, run down the-
Just before your feet touch the solid ground, you trip and fall down the last couple of steps.

And there you lay on the cold, deserted concrete floor. The stuff you carried moments ago, scattered all around you. You feel your consciousness ebbing away. With your eyelids growing heavier, you decide to close them for just a second.
__________

As your brain tries to reset, you experience a sense of spinning, as if your brain is on a tilt-a-whirl amusement ride. While your brain is spinning, you're thinking “Where am I?". Opening your eyes, you see that you're still in the same spot you were once the blackness overtook. It takes a few seconds to reconstruct the past to the present; then you remember the moments before the curtains closed.

You try to tilt your head up, but once you do, the head-spinning turns out of control. Questioning how long you've been laying here on the ground, you try to access what to do. The answer strikes when you notice the feel of a phone in your back pocket. You grab it, which hurts your shoulder, and call the person who you know will come to the rescue.

After speed dialing Noah's number, you hold the phone to your ear. The repeated ringing sound is almost unbearable for you to listen to. It's taking longer then usual for him to pick up. You start to get impatient, and you begin to feel all the bruised places on your body.

"Y/N?" It's Noah's voice. "Why'd you have to wake me up?"

From all the dizziness that you've felt, you didn't think to check the time. Holding the phone away from your face, you see it's 1 in the morning. You've been unconscious for five hours. While that realisation kicks in, you forget that you're on a call.

"Hello?" You hear on the other end of the line.

Barely having the strength to speak, you manage to get a few words out. "Noah, I fell."

He seems to notice the weakness in your voice. "Are you okay? Do I need to come?" You notice the worry in his voice.

"I'm on the ground." Are some other words that come to mind.

"I'll be there in a minute!" He hastily says, and hangs up.

Fifteen minutes later, you hear a car pull up in the indoor parking lot. Every sound you hear is a sound to many, so when Noah screams your name in shock, you cover your ears with your hands and squint your eyes shut. Your best friend gets the message, and approaches you very gentle. You notice the shock in his eyes when he hangs over you. Not saying anything, he gets his phone, types something in, and brings the phone to his ear. It isn't long before you hear the wailing of sirens.
__________