Recognition

"Y/N..."

You're half asleep when you feel Cate run a nail down your back, causing your whole body to shiver at her touch. Weak morning light spills through the window.

"Hm?" You say, rolling over.

Cate's got her head on one hand, blond hair spilling down over the pillow, and you wonder how long she was leaning like that, waiting for you to wake up. You smile at the sight of her pure face, first thing in the morning.

"I need to tell you something." She gazes at you, eyes gleaming, face soft and radiant.

"What is it?" You ask, rising onto one elbow. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just..." She breaks into a smile. "I love you."

A warmness spreads through your body at the sound of her voice, and your face softens, hearing her say those words. I love you. You both said it last night in the aftermath of passion, but now, fully awake, and fully aware, it's just something else.

It isn't long before you repeat her words, speaking your true feeling aloud, finally. "I love you, too."

You lay there, heads close, fingers entangled, eyes sleepy, but glowering. She's the person you want to wake up for, and the person you want to stay in bed for. It's a mixture of doing more, because she sparks your creativity, but at the same time you don't want to get up at all, because you just want to lay there, and look at her. Admire her beauty like it deserves to be marveled at.

You kiss her temple. "I'm going to take a shower." And you stand under the hot water for as long as you can, wondering how you were ever able to meet someone so unimaginable exceptional. How incredibly fortuitous it is that your paths have crossed. Your lives leading up to these moments with each other, as if it was faith pairing you up.

Or trying to keep you apart for as long as possible.

As you get out of the shower, you get dressed into something casual and fix your hair and face in front of the bathroom mirror. In the reflection, you see the door barely opening, revealing Cate's face wedged in the crack. You turn your head around, and smile.

"Are you almost ready?" She asks, her morning voice still groggy and low.

You smile at her sleepy eyes, her messy hair and the soft smile that makes her face glow. "Almost."

"Can I take a shower?"

The innocent, loving smile on your face turns into a smirk. "By all means."

"Good." She says in a pleasing tone, and when she opens the door, her bare, lean body, is fully revealed.

Your eyes are drawn to her presence. Standing there tall, and fearless, and elegant. She takes notice of your magnetic gaze on her naked body, and therefore grins, making her confidence appear even greater. No words are shared when she takes refined steps towards the shower, only a lingering moment of eye contact. You with a longing, desirous expression, she with a powerful, playful smirk.

Facing the mirror again, you continue on with your facial care, but you can't lose focus on Cate's reflection, her body fully visible, standing under the shower. Marveling at her toned back, round cheeks and long legs. Witnessing the first stream hitting her skin, droplets gliding down the length of her body, surrounded by the steam produced by the temperatured water. The continuous sound of the shower is accompanied with soft humming. Smoothly, effortlessly, she starts to hum a beautiful tune. The sights, the sounds, the feelings that you have right now, are all dreamlike.

With a sense of ease, you make your way to the kitchen, preparing a cup of coffee. A few moments later, when you're enjoying a freshly brewed cup, Cate walks out of the bathroom. You look at her, she looks at you, both gleaming. She makes steps towards you and gives you a loving kiss, followed by a hug. You feel her head crawling in the nape of your neck, inhaling.