Take a break

As you're showing Cate around in your apartment, you lead her through the different rooms, and she seems amazed by all.

She keeps attempting to keep your cupidity high, for she 'accidentally' bumps into you several times, keeps the tone of her voice lush, and steals glances looking at you with desirous eyes. You don't protest, and let it all happen, seemingly amused by her manners.

Eventually, you lead her to the balcony. As you slide open the glass doors, the gorgeous view is revealed. A place overlooking the water, and further up, towering buildings, forming an impressive skyline.

"The best view in the city." You say contently as you step towards the railing.

She comes up behind you, turns you gently, and embraces you lightly. She puts her lips against your hair, and you can feel her breath near your ear. "Why don't I show you the second best view?"

You look at her with a smirk, and as you speak, a tone of enticement fills your voice. "That sounds like-"

But your words are cut short by the ringing sound of your phone.

"Shit." You whisper, and close your eyes. Meanwhile, Cate cutely chuckles.

With agitation, you reach for your phone in your back pocket, whilst Cate's hands comfortably stay rested on your waist.

Another cuss leaves your lips at the sight of an incoming call from Eddy, your somewhat fling.

"Pick up." Cate tells you, not knowing who calls, but seeing you deliberately stare down at your phone.

You look at her and sigh, as you bring your phone to your ear. "Hi." You say, your eyes still focused on Cate's.

"Hey." You hear a manly voice say. You don't respond, so he continues. "What are you up to?"

"I'm busy." You answer, causing Cate to look at you with a grin.

"Oh. Okay." He says with a sluggish voice. "I thought that maybe we could hang out again. And since I don't get any response from you through text, I thought I'd call."

"I'm sorry I haven't reached out to you Eddy." You try to sound polite. "How about I take you to lunch tomorrow?" You ask, unable to cut things off with him through a phone call.

The sound of his voice turns more cheerful. "Great. I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow." You add, before hanging up.

You receive a cautious smirk from the woman who's still inches apart from you, and her hands are still clamped on your waist. "Eddy?"

You smile at her curiosity. "Yes."

"Should I be jealous?" She continues to ask.

Your smile turns into a smirk. "No." Leaning in, you plant a kiss on her cheek. "He should." You whisper.

And your tenderness is all she needs not to think anything of it. As she should.

You grab hold of Cate's arms and gesture her to the edge of the balcony. With content faces, you both rest your arms on the railing, admiring the scenery.

"This view is something else." Cate says amazed.

You lightheartily chuckle at her comment. "Cost me much."

"I can imagine." She responds, sharing your smile. "What's next in store?"

You turn your head to face her, as she does the same. "Work wise, you mean?"

"Mm-hm." She nods.

You look back at the buildings. "Well, projects keep on coming, and it's up for me to decide if I take them on. Just me and my camera, basically. And Noah occasionally." Your eyes find hers again. "What about you?"