Chapter 14: The Calm Before The Storm

Songs for chapter: Or nah by Ty Dolla $sign (feat. The Weekend and Wiz Khalifa), Taste (feat. Offset) by Tyga, No guidance (feat. Drake) by Chris Brown, & Smells like teen Spirit Nirvana

(Ps. I totally recommend playing these songs while reading the story, it's like you're really in the story, I'll tell you to play them.)

I woke up this morning, and rolled over to realize Severus wasn't in bed, I slowly got up and decided to hop in the shower.

After getting out of the shower I threw on some sweats, a hoodie, and I put my hair in a ponytail expecting to stay with Severus for the day.

I looked for Snape until I saw him in his study, he was doing some work. I walked over to him heading to kiss him on the cheek, as I leaned down to kiss him on the cheek he moved away, but I didn't think much about it.

"You got a letter," Snape said dryly handing me the letter, "breakfast should be done soon." I took the letter from Severus and headed into the living space, thinking maybe Snape needed space and was stressed.

"Miss N/N," Orion said to me, "Yes?" "Breakfast is done when you are ready, would you like it now?" "Yes please."

Orion brought me my food as me and him talked, but then Snape walked out of his study.

"Orion! Where is my food, and God forsake leave Y/N alone, she's eating." "Ye-yes sir, coming." Orion scurried off scared, "what was that for," I said harshly sending Snape a look.

"He was taking too long, and I wanted my food," "god dammit, you could have gotten it yourself, and if you couldn't tell I was talking to Orion."

"Fine," "did I do something wrong?" I was generally confused as to why he was acting like this. "No, it's nothing." He quickly responded harshly sending chills up my spine and not in a good way.

Orion got Severus his food, and me and him started are conversation where it left off.

"I'm sorry Orion, but I must excuse myself," I said as I had to use the restroom and I still had my letter to read. "No, that's fine I should probably get back to work."

With that I sent him a small smile then parting are ways, once I was done with my bathroom duties, I read the letter that was given to me, by Snape.

Dear miss Y/L/N,
We are hosting a party at the Malfoy Manor, and as far as I know you haven't talked to Draco in a while, but he wanted you to come to the party.

Now you won't be alone, as Draco has invited your friends, and they said they will only come if you come.

Now, it is a costume party, so do come dressed, the party theme is the 1920s, we will also have a voting on the costumes.

But as I was the only one that knew where you are for fall break, I was asked to write you a letter, now I do hope to see and have your company.

From your's sincerely,
Lucius Malfoy

I was slightly surprised I was asked to come to a party, but I was excited to go, I needed to get out of the house, and give Severus space.

I decided I wanted to wear something different, as I had a feeling all the girls were going to be in flapper dresses, and the men in gangster 1920 style suit outfits.

So I went with a black feathered dress, the top was covered in silver-beads that perfectly reflected off the black fabric, the bottom half was all feathers, it was a floor length gown.

I put my hair in a low bun having the front of my hair swoop in the back to make it look like I had 1920 style bangs, I then proceeded to do my makeup.

I did an orange eyeshadow to my eyebrow bone, then I added black in the corners of my eyes blending it out with the orange creating a brown. I did this under my waterline as well. After I added gold eyeshadow.