𝟎𝟎𝟔

Zhongli placed the child besides him as he sat down on one of the two sofas in the small living room as the woman who had let them in, sat on the one at the opposite of the kid and the male — a small wooden couch table in the middle where two cups of tea were placed on.

"I heard the funeral is supposed to be for your brother? my sincere condolences. Might I ask what had happened?"

The brown haired male asked as he took one of the cups filled with tea, drinking some as the female in front looked at the steaming drink in her own cup while answering that question.

"He was one of the Millelith that were placed at the golden house to guard it. Nobody wants to tell me what exactly happened but he and his comrades there were all killed... I wish to know the truth about what happened and who did this but at the same time feel like I don't need to know... I just feel like- Ah, I- I'm really sorry, I'm digressing"

"Don't worry, please continue"

As Zhongli had said that, the black haired woman looked up at him the first time now before she nodded and continued what she was about to say before. As they talked, ( Y/N ) got bored pretty fast while listening to their voices, analyzing the room along as they silently went down from the couch as it stayed unnoticed by Zhongli who was carefully listening to the females story.

As the child stepped through the house, they were fascinated by all the things inside. It was decorated with many traditional things and paintings as the kid walking down the floor till they reached a small room at the end where a photo of most likely the brother of the woman, was placed at on top of a wooden dresser how it looked like — decorated with flowers and small candles that seemed to be used a few times already.

( Y/N ) didn't really knew what this was supposed to be as they looked up — not being able to see properly due to their high as they wanted to see what else was placed on the top as they tried to climb up the dresser.

Meanwhile — zhongli still listed to what the female in front had to say as she talked about her brother and the things that she just needed to tell someone but hadn't the courage to talk about to someone before, like all the frustration and emptiness that the death of her brother left behind.

The male sat there in silence as he had the cup of tea in his hand — the female in front still didn't drank even a bit of her own as she was too busy talking. Zhongli was about to take another sip of the drink as a loud noise of something heavy falling to the ground was heard. The males attention immediately shot to his side, seeing ( Y/N ) not being there as he hastily stood up and moving towards where the sound came from, letting the cup in his hands fall to the ground as he almost ran towards the small room at the end of the floor — followed by the female who couldn't even really progress the sound she had heard as Zhongli was already far in front.

The dresser was fallen to the ground as all the different flowers and candles laid there as
well — ( Y/N ) sitting besides as they just innocently looked at the two adults who now stood in the doorway. Zhongli let out a breath as he already thought that the kid was fallen to the ground or even worse. He panicked for a slight moment before as he noticed that the child wasn't there anymore.

The male walked closer as he picked the kid up, dusting off their shoulders before speaking up.

"Are you hurt?"

He asked as ( Y/N ) shook their head, the tall male nodding before turning around towards the woman.

"I'm sincerely sorry for this... and the cup that fell to the ground. I will pay for all the things that got damaged"

He said as the female shook her head with a slight smile, crouching down to collect the fallen stuff.

"No, don't worry about this please. You already helped me a lot by just listening to my story, I couldn't ask for more. If you really insist, then please just organize the funeral for my dear brother so he can Rest In Peace. I have to thank you, Mister Zhongli"

Said male hesitated at first a bit before he nodded.

"I will. But let me help you clean up first"

 But let me help you clean up first"