𝟎𝟎𝟑

Somehow, the ginger haired harbinger managed to find the way back towards the harbor as he carried the now sleeping child in his arms, the sun setting as Childe noticed how long they took to get wherever they were before and now also the way back. He sighed, wanting to be mad at the kid for letting him run that much but in the end, he couldn't. He looked down at their sleeping figure and couldn't help but slightly smile as he thought about how Zhongli had managed to take care of them till then.

Somehow, the male thought of ( Y/N ) like a sibling. They didn't knew each other for that long but long enough for Childe to feel that way. He was someone who cared for the Family more than for everything else and for some reason, it was the same for the kid that now slept in his arms, especially since they were also dear to Zhongli.

He wondered if ( Y/N ) would get along well with his siblings but then again, most of them shared almost the same personality as the kid so they would most likely be good friends, what maybe was one of the reasons why Childe thought of them like family.

Even though, he made a mental note to not ever take care of that child alone outside of Liyue again. Never again. He don't wanted to be the one who have to explain Zhongli that the kid fell down a cliff or was eaten as lunch by Hillichurs. No thank you.

He passed the bridge that lead towards the harbor again as many people were still out as usual, some selling the last vegetables or fish before they would have to close their shops, others just walking with friends or family, enjoying the day or being the ones who bought something from the shops.

The ginger-haired harbinger made his way towards the funeral parlor where Zhongli told him to bring the kid back at the evening or when they would cause too much trouble, as he then finally arrived at the building after a few minutes, ( Y/N ) still fast asleep in his arms, holding themself close to the male as Childe then was about to open the door to the funeral parlor, but was stopped when someone other had quickly opened it from the inside.

"Ah, ( Y/N )! And um... whoever you are!"

A female with long, dark brown hair that was tied into twin ponytails, on her head a dark brown porkpie hat that was decorated with a few crimson flowers as she wore a black coat, had opened the door.

"Oh, how rude of me, I should introduce myself! I'm Hu Tao, the 77th Director of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor"

She proudly said as the female reached out her arms with a smile, wanting to take ( Y/N ) as Childe hesitated at first, knowing Hu Tao only from what Zhongli had told him. What wasn't much, but it doesn't sounded like he was her biggest fan so the harbinger wasn't so sure if he should let her take the kid but did it in the end anyway since she doesn't seemed like a bad person.

"And you are?"

Hu Tao asked, looking up at the male again as she now carried the child with one arm, the other on her hip as a smile never left her face.

"You can call me Childe, I-"

"Ohh yes I know you! Zhongli told me about you! Oh, by the way; would you like some coupons?"

She asked, now seemingly even more excited than before as the harbinger slightly sweat-dropped.

"What? What kind of coupons? Didn't you work at a funeral.... oh... um, I'm afraid I have to refuse"

He said, sheepishly chuckling as the female shrugged with her shoulders still smiling before she spoke up again.

"That's your fault for refusing then, don't blame me afterwards. Anyways, thank you for bringing ( Y/N ) here, I'm gonna tell Zhongli"

Hu Tao said before waving at Childe who hadn't even a chance to say anything further before the door in front of him rapidly closed, leaving him alone with a lot question marks on his face as he let out a sigh before leaving the place, knowing that it must be ok if ( Y/N ) was in Hu Taos care for a while, since she basically just had to bring them to Zhongli.

——————————————————————————

A/N

Here we gooo UwU

So, I read some of Hu Taos information on wiki and then I randomly saw something written there about her personality that was, well... interesting.

now I know that Qiqi wants to put Hu Tao in a fridge 🤝 and that Xiao actually likes her humor and thinks that she is interesting. AND YES I only read that now, I know most of you probably know this already :,)

And here I always wondered why people shipped Hu Tao and Xiao 🧍‍♀️ Nah

But anyways, I hope you enjoyed and had / have a great day! See you hopefully soon <33

~ Author-Chan