𝟎𝟎𝟐

The sun was down, the last people on the streets going inside of their house as just a few stayed outside, some just enjoying the cold breeze and others trying to find their way home while drunk. The most lights on the streets already burned down as Zhongli and Childe went down the path — the ginger-head carrying the now sleeping child on his back as he grinned like an idiot.

The kid was long asleep as they had to listen to all the business stuff that Childe and Zhongli had talked about, not understanding most of it as they had just fell asleep.

"Ne, Zhongli? Would you mind me taking care of ( Y/N ) tomorrow?"

The harbinger asked as he looked at Zhongli, his grin not fading a bit as he viewed the brown-haired male who seemed to be in thoughts for a brief moment.

"I guess it would be preferable, yes. I still have work to do at the funeral parlor tomorrow and would need someone to look after ( Y/N ) anyways. That would most likely be Hu Tao then, so... I'm glad you take over that job..."

Childe laughed at this, knowing that the ash-brown haired male somehow couldn't handle the current overseer of the funeral parlor and wouldn't let the kid be with her alone for a long time. Hu Tao would surely offer them some coupons for a funeral...

"If I may ask, why are you interested in taking care of them?"

Zhongli asked, just curious about why the Harbinger asked in the first place as Childe looked at him again before answering his question.

"Because it's boring to be around all the other Harbingers. They are all so serious and ( Y/N ) has more joy living than them in any way! It's going to be fun!"

...

It was no fun.

The next day had come in the blink of an eye and as Childe picked the kid up at the morning, it seemed like it was going to be a good day, and it was — for ( Y/N ).

The harbinger knew that the child wasn't easy to handle with their energetic attitude the most time, but that was a bit too much. The two were at first just walking over the bridge where the harbor had found its end, only nature surrounding them as not even a minute after Child and ( Y/N ) had left town, the attention of the kid was everywhere.

The ginger-head just averted his eyes for one second as he spoke up.

"And, ( Y/N )? What do you wanna do—"

They were gone.

He had looked down at the place where the child had stood just a second ago but was only met with thin air as he hastily looked up, turning his head as he saw the small figure of ( Y/N ) who chased after a yellowish butterfly as Childe immediately followed after them, trying to not loose sight of them.

It was hard to catch up since even though the Harbinger was way faster than the kid, ( Y/N ) had ran from the left to the right, back and forth and even crawled under some fallen trees as Childe had a hard time to chase after them.

"( Y/N ) come back here... please?!"

But the kid didn't heard. They were too busy with everything that they observed due to them rarely being outside of the harbor as they seemed to slightly forget about the harbinger who still tried to catch up to them.

That was until the child slowed down near the edge of a cliff, watching the lake down below as the ginger-head finally had the chance to come near again, reaching out his arms as he then had a hold of the kid under their little arms, holding them high so they hadn't the chance to get away again.

( Y/N ) grinned as they found it slightly funny to be so high in the air as they turned their head, smiling brightly at Childe who let out a breath of relive.

"Finally..."

The harbinger sat the child on top of his shoulders as he then looked around, seeing that they were on top of some mountain. But to the dismay of the male, he hadn't a clue where they were supposed to get back to the harbor again, not even remembering the direction that they had came from as he let out a sigh.

"A Taxi would be nice..."

——————————————————————————

A/N

So uh, I guess everyone who is also reading the Mondstadt version of this is seeing the parallels of ( Y/N )'s favorite hobby being to ✨run away✨

Hehem, I still promise to make things different from the other book since it would be boring to just use the same storyline and just ( Y/N ) running away the whole time 🏃‍♀️

Yeahhh I hope you enjoyed and had / have a great day! See you hopefully soon <33

~ Author-Chan