𝟎𝟎𝟒

As Hu Tao had took over the kid from Childe, she just hugged them tightly what had woken them up, while going in the direction of Zhongli's office, grinning as bright as the child themself. The female honestly really liked ( Y/N ) due to their excitement on literally everything — so that it perfectly fitted the way of living from Hu Tao herself.

"Ahh ( Y/N ) I would organize the best funeral that people, no — gods, had ever seen if it was for you!"

She excitedly exclaimed, just thinking about her job like usual. What the brown-haired female really enjoyed was that the child didn't looked at her weirdly if she would say something like this and would just joyfully laugh at it, either knowing that this was something Hu Tao would do for people that she cared for — or simply not understanding what she had said.

Zhongli, who sat inside of his office could already hear the slight laughter of ( Y/N ) and whatever the brown-haired female blabbered about. That was until the door of the office bursted open, causing multiple papers to be blown from Zhongli's desk even though it wasn't even that near to the door that was placed on the right from the male's sight. Inside the room stood now the grinning female with the now fully awake ( Y/N ) again, both viewing the brown-haired male with a wide grin and sparkling eyes as Zhongli looked at them with with an expressionless face, down on the papers that now laid on the floor which he just finished to put in the right order, and back at Hu Tao again.

"Good evening Zhongli!"

The female said, hopping over towards said male who let out a small sigh before standing up as he slightly smiled, seeing ( Y/N ) grabbing the air in front of him as a sign that he should carry them now as Hu Tao slightly pouted as she hesitantly gave the kid over who slung around Zhongli's neck as the sudden weigh had pulled him down, almost falling over to the ground but the male was able to stop himself by supporting on the wooden desk in front.

"Isn't it time for you to sleep now ( Y/N )?"

The male said, holding them up properly now as the kid looked up at him with a slight pout, just like Hu Tao before. But they knew that Zhongli wasn't letting them stay up for too long since children need their sleep and if your a child for a thousand of years, you also need a thousand of years to sleep properly.

"And Hu Tao, could I ask you to collect all the papers again?"

The male asked as the brown-hired female looked at him confused before turning around, seeing the bunch of paperwork laying on the wooden floor as she just let out a laugh.

"Oh, ups. Just leave it to me!"

Hu Tao said, hands on her hips as she proudly smiled at Zhongli who only let out a little sigh again before thanking her and leaving the room with the kid in his arms. Their rooms were at the second floor of the building and as the two went inside, there wasn't seen much other than a normal sized bed and one for a child, looking the same as the big one just in a smaller. Zhongli and ( Y/N ) had shared this room since they first came there, the male not willing to let the kid somewhere alone for the long nights — so he decided it would be best for them to just stay in a room with himself where he could have an eye over them so nothing would happen.

Zhongli let the kid down as they made themself ready for the night — brushing their teeth, changing clothes to their Pyjama and so on, till ( Y/N ) was done and just climbed up the big bed that belonged to the brown-haired male who still had his normal attire on, scanning over a few last papers as he sat there, back against the wall as the child crouched near, burying their face into his clothes as Zhongli slightly chuckled, stroking through their ( H/C ) hair softly.

"Don't you want to go over to your own bed?"

He asked, even though already knowing that the child most likely wanted to sleep by his side this day as he was proved right by ( Y/N ) shaking their head as a 'no', just tightening their grip on Zhongli's clothes who smiled to himself.

"Ok then"