Chapter 20: Guests

It's been a couple of days after i finally know everything about the accident. Also, in some nights, i had bad dreams about my blurry childhood, and i don't tell anybody about that.

Today is Sunday which means, no workday. Me, my mom and Cammy cleaning inside the house while my dad cleaning outside of the house. I finished vacuming every rooms, Cammy cleaning the dishes, my mom cleaning the bathroom.

It's about 5pm and we are all almost done.

"Amanda, we have guest" my dad yelling from outside.

Guest?

"Alright, hold on honey!" My mom said, as she put down the napkin, walking to the front door.

I was re-organize some of the snacks in the kitchen, and wondering who's coming.

"Anne! Oh my goodness, it's been a long time! Please come in. But sorry, we are still cleaning the house, but we're about to finish" My mom said, welcoming a woman to get inside the house.

"Oh that's alright. It's my bad, didn't say anything before drop by here" the woman said, as she chuckled and then she saw me.

"Oh my my. The beautiful cailyn! You're back!" the woman said, as she came to me and give me hug.

I have no idea who is she, and why she knows me. I smiled awkwardly and hug her back.

"It's me, Anne" she said, because she knew i don't recognize her.

"Yes, she's a friend of mine, sweety" my mom said.

I smiled warmly.

"Ah i see, nice to see you Anne, please have a seat. Would you like some offee or tea?" i asked politely.

"Tea please, thankyou sweetheart" Anne said, while sitting down in the living room with my mom.

"It's good to see you too, Mr. Jones. I'm alright"

I heard my dad talking with a guy in front of the front door.

"Glad to hear that. Please, have a seat inside, they all in the living room. I'll catch up soon, son" my dad said.

Then i heard the front door open.

"Oh my Godness, Bradley" my mom shouted.

I turn around and saw Brad. I was so shocked and i dropped a glass in my hand.

"Jesus Cailyn, are you alright sweety?" my mom said, as she stood up.

"I'm sorry, uhm it's slip" i said, stuttering.

"Don't move, i'll take some napkin to clean that" my mom said.

I went down to pick up the broken glasses i made.

"Bradley, why you just stood there? Take Cailyn away from her spot. There's alot of glasses there, she could cut herself" Anne said.

"You'll hurt youself if you're take that glasses without napkin, Cail. Move here, watch your step from the broken glasses" Brad said, as he take my hand to move to his direction.

Stupidly, i obeyed him. He still holding my hand, looking down at me.

"You could hurt youself sweety, please be more careful" my mom said, as she take the broken glasses.

"I'm sorry. I'll use the other glass. Coffee or tea? " i said asking Brad.

"Coffee, please. Thankyou" he replied, softly, with a slight smile.

I nodded and move away from him, as he walked into the living room.

What now? Why now he showed up in my house.