20

20: Ice Cream!

• • • • •

Warning/s: none (?)

• • • • •

"Meet up later in Starbucks!" Rin called out before disappearing with Neon and Melody into the next clothing store they saw. Kurapika smiled, thanking Rin for taking over his job, to let him spend time with (Name).

She, on the other hand, grew nervous as Leorio and (friend's name) waved them goodbye to get some snacks. (Name) looked up at Kurapika's smiling face, wondering what he felt being left alone with her.

"Something on my face?" He queried, looking at her from the corner of his eye.

She blinked, taking herself out of her daze and shook her head at him. He awkwardly nodded, taking his arm off her shoulders and caught her hand in his, intertwining their fingers together.

"You wanna go get ice cream?" Kurapika suggested.

"Yeah, ice cream is good," said (Name) with a nod.

"My treat then," he told her, dragging her along with him as they went to look for an ice cream store.

He's holding my hand, (Name) thought, eyes wide as she followed the boy in front of her. The grin on his face resembled a child's, (Name) could tell that no matter how mature Kurapika got, the child in him would always show up.

They reached the store and paused at the door, Kurapika seemed to be hesitating if they should enter or what. (Name) gripped his hand tightly, trying to reassure him. He nodded, eyes glazed glee.

"By the way," he said, turning to her. "What flavour do you like?"

"(Favorite flavour of ice cream)," she replied, watching people inside the store getting served with their pretty cups of delicious ice cream. "What about you, Kura, what do you like?"

"I haven't tasted much ice cream," he said, sweatdropping at his confession. "So far I've only had vanilla, chocolate and pistachio but I think I like vanilla out of those three."

"Why vanilla?" (Name) asked, brows furrowed.

He shrugged as he led her inside. "It just tastes sweet and a little familiar, it reminds me of home so I think that's why. It looks like whipped cream too!"

(Name) giggled, he sounded so excited for vanilla ice cream.

They were about to order but Kurapika suddenly pulled back (Name) and raised his right hand, chains appearing on his fingers. She asked him what's wrong but he didn't need to answer her, not when the ice cream vendor was smiling at them. His face was familiar and (Name) felt like she'd seen him before.

His raven-black hair fell over his dark grey eyes, his teal coloured earrings shone brightly and his smile - there was something awfully familiar about that smile. (Name) felt like she saw it before, it was a smile similar to Rin's.

"What would the chain user and his soulmate want?"

Only members of the Troupe call Kurapika chain user, (Name) recalled, subconsciously inserting her hand into one of the shopping bags she brought along.

Inside could only be what Rin dubbed as their weapons against men - in other words, it was pepper spray but (Name) was aiming to take the knife Rin said she was going to give to someone as a gift.

"What are you doing here?" Kurapika demanded, his smile was gone and every other thing that made him look lively. The two men stared at each other, both had a look in their eyes that resembled looking at a dead person's grave.