3. Not as long as we have our...

Ten minutes. Reira wanted to spend the last ten minutes discussing a game plan.

"I'm thinking we do something unique!" Reira insisted with a big smile.

"Do you really wanna plan this now... I mean we have like three weeks." He expressed nonchalantly.

"Oh... I'm sorry." She blushed.

He looked confused, "Why are you sorry?"

"Nothing, I think I got a little overly excited there" She laughed.

"No, No, it's okay... I was just thinking we could plan this later. You think we can meet at lunch tomorrow and discuss what you'd like to do?" He smiled.

They both agreed upon meeting up the next day.

After pre-calc, he was ready to meet up with her. After actually speaking to her a couple times, he's come to the conclusion that, 1. She's got energy and 2. He's attracted to her. He kept asking himself the same two questions:

"Is it superficial?" and "Why am I nervous??"

The first thing he thought about this morning was the fact that he has to meet up with her, and work with her for the next couple of weeks. The way she was excited to learn, the way she was enthusiastic about the project unlike everyone else, it intrigued him.

After a few minutes of talking to each other...

"Why don't we just build a solar system model, write an essay about what we learned, and we can get that done in less than a week? We'll be ahead" He stuttered.

"Oh come on Ryan-" She exclaimed,

"Actually it's-"

"We have to be original and creative!" She interrupted.

"I don't know why you're making such a big deal about a project that he's probably not going to properly grade." It was not difficult to see that he was a bit frustrated. He had other classes to put a lot more work into, however, he was still trying to be polite to her.

"Honestly, everyone's going to build a solar system model and write the same essay, and present the same way. We could do something different, like art." She stated.

"Do you wanna draw a solar system model?" He asked sarcastically.

She giggled, "why do you wanna be basic?"

In his point of view, there was this feeling that she just wanted to stand out.

"Basic?" He replied, "don't the both of us have six other classes that have a final and a lot of material for us to memorize?"

"Exactly." She said,

"Huh?"

"Why copy something out of a book when we have an opportunity to do whatever we want? The rest of these finals involve essay questions and fill in the blanks, but with this project we can do whatever our hearts desire." She smiled.

He looked at her for a couple of seconds with a confused look, thinking "what did I get myself into?"

"Also, this is about the universe! Think about all the possibilities, The art we can make and the fun we can have blending science with artistry." She said

"Fun?" He thought to himself.

"Well..." He stuttered. "What do you want to do then? What can we do? How will we find a way to mix art with science?" He asked with a stressful tone.

"We'll figure it out! Remember, a wise sponge once said Squidward, we don't need television. Not as long as we have our... imagination!" She cheered as she formed an imaginary rainbow over her head with her hands.

He couldn't hide his smile and he couldn't help but like her cheesiness.

"Let's brainstorm ideas at my place tomorrow and we'll then get started." She said as she put in her number on his phone.