7. The Next Day

The pair saw each other in class the next day. Ironically, both were extra nervous around each other this time. Orion looked at her as she walked into the classroom, she looked like a doll and held her head up with a smile.

"Hey Orion." She said.

"Hi Reira." He responded.

There was definitely a different aura around both of them. The pair were trying their hardest to hide the fact that they couldn't stop looking at each other. Mr. Reynold gave the class a work day for the project, but they really didn't have much to work on because people were still brainstorming while Reira and Orion already started the project. Both sat silent for a solid five minutes not knowing what to do. He was waiting for her to say something while she already wanted him to ask her on a date. The silence was overbearing. Orion started to be annoyed, desperately wanting for her to spark the conversation, because that's how it always is. He couldn't help it anymore.

"I really enjoyed working and talking with you last night." He told her.

She turned to look at him, "Really?"

"Yeah, I think I actually spoke about myself openly, um... yeah." His palms were getting sweaty and he was stuttering quite a bit.

She let out a smile.

He took a deep breath, "I don't know why I'm acting nervous or whatever, actually I'm sorry for being really weird and-"

"Let's work on the project tonight again, and then maybe we could have a snack, talk like we did yesterday." Reira suggested. She felt too bold for asking that, nervous. She couldn't help but freak out on the inside after he told her about his enjoyment of the day before.

"Yeah, I would like that." He said and afterwards, he took a deep breath. "I'm sorry" He laughed. "For what?" She smiled,

"I'm really not like the brave hunter that is Orion. You know... unafraid or great at talking to girls." He explained.

"Talking to girls" captured her attention. She looked at him, "Are you trying to tell me something?" She smiled.

His mouth opened but no words came out.

Reira noticed that he became more nervous. "It's okay..." She smiled. "I mean I feel the same way about you. I also enjoyed working with you last night... and I already can't wait to spend more time with you again," She stuttered.

Reira never stuttered and it caught her by surprise. Orion didn't notice, all he could notice was his heart was beating fast, he was mesmerized.