Thunderstorms

JADES POV

I've never liked thunderstorms. Or just loud sounds in general, like fireworks. I never told anyone about this before. It been my own little secret. I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want to ruin my bad ass reputation.

I was spending this week at Y/n's house. We alternate between houses, since our parents are never home. We were cuddled up on her bed, watching another horror movie called Ready or not. Our backs were both against the headboard and my head was on her shoulder.

5 minutes into the movie, Y/n gets an alert on her phone saying, extreme thunderstorm warning in your area, please stay inside. As she read it out, I could feel my heart rate getting faster by the second. I didn't show any emotion on the outside though.

10 minutes go by, and rain starts to hit the window hard. I grab the nearest thing to me, which was Y/n's hand, and I squeeze it tightly. "Hey, are you okay?" She asked with a worried tone. I quickly let go of her hand and reply, "uh yeah. Just got scared from....the movie." She looked at me, and she knew I was lying just by the look in my face. "Really? Jade West scared of a horror movie? Come on, tell me what's wrong" she said laughing a bit. I go to open my mouth to speak, but I was cut off by thunder. She saw me flinch.

Y/N POV

You saw her flinch when thunder struck. "I-" she stuttered her face turning red. You grabbed her hand and held it tight. "Jade. Tell me the truth. I won't laugh. I promise" you say. "You promise?" She asked. "Promise."

"I have weather phobia" she says as she starts to tear up. You turn her face for her to look at you. "Hey hey hey. It's ok. Don't cry" you say as you wipe away a tear with your thumb. She calms down a bit, but she's still crying. "You don't think I'm stupid? You don't think that being afraid of weather is dumb?" She asked. You cup her cheeks with your hands and say, "I will never think that your stupid. I will always love you." You give her a kiss on the forehead, and she lays on your chest.

As she lays on your chest, she still flinches from the thunder and lightning a few times. But she was comforted by your embrace. You could feel your shirt getting wet by Jades tears, still coming out of her eyes. You just let her cry, just to get it all out.

"Y/n?" Jade looks up, and her eyes are red. "Yes baby?" You answer her. "Can I wear one of your hoodies?" She asks in her innocent voice. "Of course baby" you smiled as you walked towards your closet. You pulled out a black and white hoodie, that had a marble design on it. You gave it to Jade, and she pulled it over her head. Her frown turned into a big bright smile when she hugged herself.

You go next to her, and she goes back in the same position. You feel her jump here and there from the loud bangs of thunder.

Jade ended up falling asleep from you playing with her hair. You were glad that she told you the truth of her fear.