THE TALK

Aimee's POV
Today was Sunday and of course Shawn was out once again supposedly at the recording studio. It was about 2 in the afternoon and he left around 6 in the morning. I think when he gets home we're gonna have a little chat.

Adalynn was currently taking a nap and Aleena was outside in the pool with Sebastian. After the talk we had yesterday I could see how much she has changed in such a little amount of time. I know it's only been a day but I'm just so happy right now. I'm trying not to get my hopes up because anything could happen and she could go back to her old ways but it's different this time. I believe in her. That's what it's all about, right? Believe.

I was in the living room when I heard the door open. "I'm home!" Shawn smiled, walking in the living room and I just looked at him. "We need to talk" I say and he chuckled. "Why you so serious?"

"Shawn, I'm being serious" I say and he looked at me. "Okay. What's going on baby" he says, throwing his keys on the coffee table and sitting on the couch next to me. "I hate feeling this way" I simply said and he looked at me. "Feeling what kind of way?" He asked and I sighed.

"I'm feeling like I'm a single mother. You're always gone from 6 in the morning to like 8 at night. Sometimes you don't get home till midnight. Are you cheating on me or something? Because everything has changed. We've been arguing non stop and you're changing" I answered and he laughed. "Come on Aimee. I'm not gone that long" he says and I looked at him.

"Really Shawn? Our three year old daughter came up to me yesterday asking if we're still together or if we broke up. You know how sad that a THREE year old noticed that something was changing and that something was wrong" I say and his eyes widened.

"Adalynn really asked that?" He says and I nod. "Aimee, I'm not cheating on you or anything. You should know me better than that. I would never hurt you or our family like that, EVER. I love you and my heart only belongs to you. I'm honest when I tell you that I'm at the recording studio. I've been rehearsing, writing, and recording songs" he sighed. "It hurts me that you would even think I would betray you like that" he added.

"I'm sorry. I just hate feeling like a single mother and not seeing you. Do you have to go every day? And all day" I asked and he shook his head. "I actually realized how much has changed and how much I miss you and the kids. I was gonna tell my manager that I was gonna take a break for a few months. A break from writing and singing and doing tours" he says and my eyes widened.

"I'm not asking you to do that Shawn. You love singing and writing songs. That's your passion and I would never in a million years would even ask you to give that up" I answered, feeling guilty. This took a turn. I just wanted to talk to him, not make him give up something he loves more than anything.

"I'm not giving up on it. It's just a break for a few months, maybe a year the most. But right now my family is the most important thing and my number one priority. I wanna be there for you, the kids, and the twins. I don't wanna miss anything and I don't want you to feel like that. I'll call my manager later and announce it to the world tomorrow" he says, kissing me. "But I do have to go to the recording studio tomorrow. I'm suppose to record a song with Camila" he added and I shot him a glare.

"That Cabello girl? Camila Cabello? The girl that EVERYONE ships you with? The girl everyone want you to be with? The one that used to have a crush on you?" I asked and he chuckled. "Yes, but you have nothing to worry about. I'm married to you and I don't like Camila and I never liked her. She's my best friend and that is it. It's only one song and that's it" he says and I rolled my eyes. "I don't like that" I say laying my head on his shoulder. "It's hot when you're jealous" he laughed, kissing my head.
————————————————————————————
QUESTIONS OF THE CHAPTER

1.) Do you think Aleena changed for good or you still think she'll go back to her old ways? Why?

2.) How do you feel about what Aimee said to Shawn with how she really feels?

3.) How do you feel about Shawn's response? Do you think he was completely honest? Why or why not?

4.) How do you feel about Shawn working with Camila Cabello?

5.) Do you think Aimee should be jealous? Why or why not?