Part 1

Amelia's pov;

I came out of a rough family, not very wealthy, my dad passed a few years ago, and since then, it's been only me, my sister and mother. 

My mother is working as a maid for the Morris Family. But even though they paid us well, it wasn't enough for me and my sister to get to school. So.. I dropped out of collage and got a job.

It was difficult for mom, she was a strong woman but things got really difficult when she got pregnant with my sister. My sister, Lia, is only four years old. And with all the financial problems, she didn't even get to send Lia to a daycare.

But then, here comes Mrs. Morris. 

She's a very kind woman, so she offered to look after Lia until we get to send her to a daycare or school.

... And that's why I started to work.

-

It was currently 11:45pm, I closed up the Café and started to walk home. And home is a long walk.. Boy, I'm exhausted.

I've been working since 8:00am today, it was a long day, I haven't eaten and I was really hungry. Like a homeless dog or something.

After 45 minutes of walking, I finally arrived at the gates. Mrs. Morris allowed my mom, my sister and myself to stay at the maid's room where mom works. 24/7.

The guards knew me by now, so they opened up the gates for me. I turned the golden door knob of the front door and walked in. I then walked through the hallway.

As I walked pass the dinning room, I heard voices. I only recognized one voice, and that was Mrs. Morris. The others, I have no idea, but they were male voices.

I was about to walk off when I heard her call my name. I sighed before walking into the dinning room, bowing down at her in respect. What? I have to do that.

As I looked up, I was met with two boys. Then, Mrs. Morris introduced me, their names are; Kobe and Derek.

Wait!... Kobe's back! The Kobe Morris is back!

Then, Mrs. Morris explained everything. I knew Mrs. Morris had a son but he worked and lived in New Jersey.

He moved back today because he finished his business in New Jersey and would continue it here, in Kentucky. I didn't question his job, it was none of my business. 

While Derek was a complete warm person, Kobe was completely the opposite, he was cold. His eyes are always dark and mysterious. But I gotta say, he's attractive.

After the explanation, I bowed one last time before walking over to my mom, who was busy washing the dishes.

"Mom, can I wash them?" I asked.

She sighed in relief, "Oh, yes please! I have to go make coffee for the boys."

She kissed my head, washing her hands before going over to the counter. After washing the dishes, I followed my mom up to our room.

By the time, I finished helping my mom with stuff, Lia was already sleeping. So, my mom and I changed and got in the bed we all shared. It was big enough though.

I was about to drift off to sleep when my mom told me that she has to tell me something. I raised up and looked at her, she wasn't happy, nor angry. She seemed upset and sad.

"Baby, as you know, Mr. Morris (kobe) recently moved back to Kentucky, and he needs someone to work for-" she sighed, messing up her hair.

"It's okay, Mom, I'll work for him," I gave her an assuring smile.