An Unfair Fight

Once everyone was armored up and ready to go we made our way to the surface. Everyone's tense mood is lightened by the new gear and a fresh layer of hope. I can feel the determination coming off of Tommy as we all walk through the thick woods. I can feel it too, they want to win. But as we near my old home I can feel my hands start to become clammy. This is my family. And I will fight for it no matter what. But how do I fight my old family? If it comes down to it will I be able to put a sword through Nick's chest? Through Clays? And if I hesitate, will they be able to do the same to me?

As I start to panic I fall to the back of the pack, I feel my legs start to get heavier every step. I take a deep breath and trudge on, forcing myself to go forward. Eret who is also towards the back pauses to look at me. He takes a few steps back and joins me at my pace.

"Nervous?"

"You could say that," I laugh, biting my lip. I look up at Eret and realize his crown is gone. He notices me looking and looks down shamefully at his feet. "What happened?" I ask, even though I know the answer.

"Dream happened." Eret says with a sigh. "I expected it though. He came to my palace this morning knowing I was going to fight with Pogtopia. He told me that if I didn't stay natural I would be forced to give up my crown." Eret looks at me, eyes full of determination. "I'm not making the same mistake I did back in the first war. I'm fighting for the right side."

I pause, thinking over Erets wording. "Neutral? That's what it takes to be king?" I ask. Eret shrugs.

Dream asked me to stay neutral. That's what George had said to me that night. Pieces started to connect in my head as things started to align.

"It's all part of his plan." I mumble. Eret looks at me quizzically, but I ignore him.

There are three things in this world that have power. Dream himself, the king, and ever since the original war, L'manburg. Dream never wanted L'manburg because it was something he couldn't control. He controls the Kingship with George as King. All he needs in L'manburg and it's all his. He'll be in full control.

I curl my fists, anger starting to fuel my want to win. This isn't just about getting our home back anymore.

With my newfound need to win I make my way up to where Tommy, Tubbo and Fundy are grouped, talking nervously. I join the small circle, jumping in on the conversation.

"Who even knows if this traitor is real." Tubbo states softly.

"It could be Dream just messing with us," Tommy adds.

"I didn't even know there was a traitor. Dream never brought that up to us," Fundy says.

"I wouldn't think about it too much," I say jumping in. "He just wants you to worry so that you overthink it and mess up." The three of them look at me and nod, knowing I'm probably right. My eyes catch Tubbo who looks down at his feet, I know he's worried. We all are. I swing my arm around him and hug him tightly. He smiles at me as I pull away after a brief moment. I place my hands on his shoulders and look over at Fundy and Tommy. "We are going to win today. I promise." They all smile at me nervously. I look back at Tubbo and lean down. "I won't let you or Tommy get hurt," I whisper. Tubbo nods, still smiling. I hug him again and look up at Fundy.

Can I talk to you? He mouths. I nod and follow him to the side, away from the others.

"Fundy-" I start, "I'm so sorry for what I said-"

"Don't be. I understand your point of view. Plus, at the time I was angry at you all, angry you left. But it wasn't your fault. You did what you thought was right. I should be the one apologizing for picking Schlatts side in the beginning. And for burning the flag- and all the other things..." Fundy interrupts.