The Traitor

Erets POV

I sit atop my gold throne, staring at his blank smile. Early morning light beams in through the castle windows, lighting up the throne room. Dream stares at me from across the room, his stance is powerful and intimidating. But I sit, my legs crossed, holding a fierce gaze, hoping to reflect Dreams powerful aura.

"Dream." I say, voice deeper than normal to show that I mean business.

"Eret." He replies, I can hear the smirk in his tone. "I'm sure you know why I'm here."

I do. But I just stare at him, waiting for him to continue. There's a long moment of silence before Dream speaks next. He moves closer to the throne, making me sit up straighter in my seat.

"What do you think gives you power?" He says, his tone is manipulative. My glare flickers briefly to a look of shock at the question. Dream sees my hesitation and a brief moment of vulnerability and steps forward even more. "Is it your crown? Is it the fact that your king?"

Part of me wants to speak up, stand my ground, protect my crown, but the words aren't forming.

"If respect is the only thing protecting you from a knife in your back," Dream pauses, his blank mask looks me up and down, waiting for a reaction. "Respect is nothing right?"

I walk towards the direction of Pogtopia, my pride damaged. I travel through the unfamiliar woods, my robes flowing behind me. I stare at them flapping in the wind, feeling like it was the first time I've ever seen them. Flashbacks to how they once became mine flashed in my head. Was me giving up my crown good enough to have everyone forgive me? No. They won't ever forgive me for what I did. I run my fingers through my hair, trying to ignore the lightness where my crown used to sit heavily on my head. I will fight in this war and for the right side this time. No matter what.